• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I <3 david cross

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
not sure how many people will respond but I thought I would take the risk in starting a thread about my favorite comedian...show some love!

not afraid to say whatever the fuck is on his mind and always wears those glasses with his bald head and he's so funny and he's great.

I love him

Dave, where are you!?...show the love and SPREAD THE JOY!

david-cross.jpg

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
ever see him on that one episode of Just Shoot Me?

"Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot PIIIIIIEEEE."

sadly that's where everyone knows him...or that episode of drew carey, or that episode of news radio....basically ANY "OK" sitcom he made funnier by being on the screen for 5 minutes...

he's a stand up comic who's LEGENDARY work on HBO's MR SHOW has garnered him and partner bob odenkirk lots of praise...anyone who knows sketch comedy would call MR SHOW fuckin brilliant, it was along the same lines as kids in the hall only with tons of swearing and nudity :)

he has CDs,DVDs,and he's against pretty much everything you're against so LISTEN TO THE MAN!...describe his work in 10 or so words: he called the pope a senile,pallsy muhterfucker!

he's funny...and the best kind of funny...the funny that offends you but you also know that it's funny

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
he was in men in black II as that geeky video store owner

he was on celebrity poker recently

umm..

ya he's hilarious.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
I think I've seen the one episode of Mr Show where they did the "Taint" sketch.

brillaint sketch shit man....

cock and balls quaterley!

the DVDs are the best things I own...I would put them in a safe if I had one...at leats one of those book safes that look like a book:)

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
Never heard of him.

Tell me a joke he did.

You should check out his CD "Shut Up You Fucking Baby" , I think you'd dig his humour.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i really like David Cross. He and Janeane Garofalo did one of the best magazine interviews i've ever read where they are both interviewing each other at the same time. very cool.

however, i don't really find his James Lipton impersonation to be funny. i listened to this long ass clip of it cuz Stormshadow said it was hilarious but i thought it stunk.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I love Mr. Show and David Cross.

Every Vice magazine his blurb that he does in it is pretty funny.

I was a little disappointed in the movie Run Ronny Run though.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by whatwaytoturn
Fuck Mr. Show.. listen to his stand up.. it's goddam hilarious!

fuck mr show...there's 2 cross' the stand up and the actor...his skectch acting makes mike myers look foolish at time...SNL is watered down tripe compared to...

here's not a way off anaolgy : family guy is the mr show to simpson's SNL...it's true though

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PRIMAL
I love Mr. Show and David Cross.

Every Vice magazine his blurb that he does in it is pretty funny.

I was a little disappointed in the movie Run Ronny Run though.

his shot at mainstream acceptance or something...peice of shit

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
i really like David Cross. He and Janeane Garofalo did one of the best magazine interviews i've ever read where they are both interviewing each other at the same time. very cool.

however, i don't really find his James Lipton impersonation to be funny. i listened to this long ass clip of it cuz Stormshadow said it was hilarious but i thought it stunk.

CLIP!

you have to see the video...or is that what you're talking about...?

WHO DARE QUESTION RYAN DORN!!!!!...man, that's so funny...will ferrel's is good, but cross goes overboard

whatwaytoturn

TRIBE Member
I keep scouring Kazaa & SLSK hoping to find some new stuff of his.. but only a new bootleg every now & then shows up. there's one where he's performing at a charity show, and he's obviously hung over hard.. and he rants into random anecdotal comedy.. and still ends up being genius.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
His America column in Vice is wicked.
I'm sad he's taken a sabbatical? Or maybe he got fired for being too good?

"Uh, yeah, like, let's do the guy who eats his own shit, interview Pretty Girls Make Graves at the show and Dear Diary.. but like, let's keep off the David Cross this month... so is, like, Terry Richardson comin' in today, FUCK!?"

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
His America column in Vice is wicked.
I'm sad he's taken a sabbatical? Or maybe he got fired for being too good?

yeah he's making the rest of the content look silly...I still love his first one...

"who wants to be able to get a grilled cheese whenever you want, NOT ME!"..im paraphrasing but along those lines:D

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by whatwaytoturn
I keep scouring Kazaa & SLSK hoping to find some new stuff of his.. but only a new bootleg every now & then shows up. there's one where he's performing at a charity show, and he's obviously hung over hard.. and he rants into random anecdotal comedy.. and still ends up being genius.

www.bobanddavid.com

updates a plenty:)

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
I was just introduced to Mr Show. It's great. I'm not sure if we watched one or two episodes, but it was great, one of thjose all too rare instances where your hope is restored in TV (of course we were it on watching DVD.)

I think the episode was called "Oh You Men." But there was also a "This is our official lost episode" bit so I'm not sure if that was a separate episode or not.

I really loved how they'd do a sketch that was a commercial and then it woudl morph into a different commercial at the end.