• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I <3 Allspice

Gunark

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soulster

p.s. Gunark, how did you get allspice confused with pepper?!?! were you stoned?
p.p.s. you need to get a pepper mill. fresh ground pepper is the ONLY way to go.

The little balls look like black pepper balls. It's totally easy to get the two confused! ANd yeah I put them in my pepper mill... then i turned it and stuff that *looks* like pepper came out on my tomato sandwich....

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

JAR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
regardless.. meet me behind the portables at 3 pm... we're smoking banana peels and peanut skins at timmie's place after class.

that's one of the funniest things I've ever read on tribe. thank you.

funny cause it's TRUE!

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soulster
allspice is an integral part of lebanese cooking. when i have a moment i will post an amazing and simple lebanese recipe for the tastiest rice (with ground beef/lamb and allspice) dish you ever did taste. seriously, i made it for a dinner party once and every single person was crazy about it.

:D

Post already!

Or make me dinner :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Soulster

TRIBE Member
as promised, here's that recipe!

Rice with Chopped Lamb (or Beef)
aka Hashwee

serves 4 to 6

1 cup long grain rice
1/4 cup butter (unsalted)
1/4 cup pin nuts
3/4 cup ground lean lamb or beef
2 cups water or chicken broth (boiling)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
ground pepper to taste
1/8 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
1/4 tsp allspice (or to taste)

1. Wash rice well and drain thoroughly.
2. Melt butter in saucepan over medium high heat. Sautee pine nuts until golden brown. Remove nuts and set aside.
3. In same butter, sautee lamb or beef until slightly browned (about 5 minutes). Stir constantly.
4. Add drained rice, pine nuts, 2 cups of boiling water or chicken broth and spices to lamb mixture. Sti well. Turn heat to low and cover saucepan.
5. Allow to simmer 35-40 minutes until liquid is evaporated and rice is soft and tender. Fluff mixture with a large fork and serve hot.

The recipe I have doesn't actually specify amounts for the cinnamon or allspice, but i think it's approximately those amounts. You should adjust according to your taste (and cook's intuition). Also, I highly recommend using the chicken stock over water. Makes it SO much better.

Enjoy! Then tell me how it went. :)

~ Jess