• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Hustlin' Beats @ Opera House

jungle*baby

TRIBE Member
$10 advanced / $20 at the door

wikkid sound

kenny ken spun a sweet set (as usual)

g-squad threw out a christina agulara track that was decent but still i find hard to groove to "genie in a bottle"

first time i saw fearless and my b/f got to take a pic with him --i am so jealous!!

downside:
no space to dance

one question:
who was the mc with the red hat and hoodie?
(he was on when g-squad was spinning)
i thought he was super good

rating: 8/10

peace

D-Cypher

TRIBE Member
I wuz gonna hit this party, but the holidaze wiped me out completely. How wuz it? I think that tune you are talkin about it a Rareform remix of 'genie in a bottle'...
wicked producers. And i think the MC was MCP(cuz he wuz gonna be their MC), but i dunno, i wuzn't there...just tell me it sucked to make this sick boy feel better =o(

easy,
Evan K
Chaotic Vibes

"Don't fake the funk on the nasty dunk!!"

jungle*baby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by D-Cypher:
And i think the MC was MCP(cuz he wuz gonna be their MC), but i dunno, i wuzn't there...
mc p was wearing a white t-dot hoodie
i was hoping to find out who the mc with the red hoodie and red hat was...

thanx anyways tho

peace

~^~Dozer~^~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jungle*baby:
$

one question:
who was the mc with the red hat and hoodie?
(he was on when g-squad was spinning)
i thought he was super good

rating: 8/10

peace

That was MC Tragedy......i agree, even though he's still quite new he can spit krazy flows

Skip

TRIBE Member
Okay, did I hear someone say that Kenny Ken played this party. Is this true. Please confirm... I need to know.

I was gonna go but decided not to at the last minute. If I missed G Squad, Fearless and Kenny Ken all at the Opera House, bitterness will set in.

RaVeRGuY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skip:
I was gonna go but decided not to at the last minute. If I missed G Squad, Fearless and Kenny Ken all at the Opera House, bitterness will set in.
Let the bitterness set in! Damn..no worries man..I missed it too. Hehe..

-JP

noah

This was a so so party
The music was amzing ... but everything else pretty much sucked
I got there around 9:30 cause I heard the doors were gonna open at 9
But the doors didn't open till about 10:15 or so
Got in for Dilegence (sp) and Ruckus
They threw down a pretty good set but nothing too amazing
Next up was Marcus and Lush
A sick sick set
The only problem was why were they spinnin' back2back
Why couldn't they each have their own set
That would have been a lot better
But they still rocked the house
Flawless mixing form both of them
And Horns 2000 ... nuff said
DJ Fearless ... I wasn't too sure what to expect from him
I've heard his tape and wasn't all that impressed but is set was ill
Threw down some nice tracks and his mixing was pretty good too
Nothing amzing ... byt he definately has huge potential for behind the decks
Seeing Kenny Ken in a small venue was a nice change
His set was alright but nothing too great
He definately threw downa better set on NYE
It seemed as though he would throw down a sick track that got the crowd jumpin'
Then throw down a couple tracks that just didn't follow up with the same energy
Opening up with The Messiah was a definate plus
That got the crowd hyped
G Squad were next and sadly I didn't get to catch their whole set
My whole krew were experincing severe stomach problems and we only stuck around till about 3:30 or so
But from what I heard form them they played a pretty solid set as I've come to expect from the Squad
These guys definatley have a bright future in head of them
But ... Christina Agullaria (sp) remix?
Not too sure that one went over to well with me
The big problem about this party was the crowd
Why doesn't anyone dance at jungle parties anymore?
And I also felt like everyone's dad
The crowd was definatley young
There were way too many little kids who wanted to be thugs and honestly they just aren't intemidating at all
They are actaully quite humorous
I don't think I'll be hittin' any jungle parties for a while just cause the vibes at jungle parties just aren't what they used to be
And I'd rather chill with some buds and listen to some sick tracks than go to a party with a bunch of little kids and just feel all these negative vibes all night

peace
noah

jungle*baby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by noah:
The big problem about this party was the crowd
Why doesn't anyone dance at jungle parties anymore?
And I also felt like everyone's dad
The crowd was definatley young
There were way too many little kids who wanted to be thugs and honestly they just aren't intemidating at all

the reason why no one dances at jungle parties anymore is because 16-year-old hooligans standing in the way looking tough
... there's no f*$@ing ROOM!!

the way i see it is --if you're not gonna dance, get out the way for people who do wanna dance

peace

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I can never find people to go to jungle parties with anymore!! I was so into this, but even my old standby jungle frineds aren't down w/ t.o. jungle happenings anymore...

ecstasy riot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jungle*baby:

the reason why no one dances at jungle parties anymore is because 16-year-old hooligans standing in the way looking tough
... there's no f*$@ing ROOM!!

the way i see it is --if you're not gonna dance, get out the way for people who do wanna dance

peace

uhuh! when i got out i dance my ass off, why else would i go. if i want to listen to these tracks i'll stay home and listen to my tapes. i go out to release my stress, etc.
These little kids are a pissoff. Thank god for Turbo, sometimes. But I love parties, but the shit I see as Noah describes just puts me in a bitter mood even when I try to ignore it, I can't. They are like lice, spread so fukign fast and everywhere.

doughboy

TRIBE Member
Message to basic:

I understand, I have the same problem with my friends; none of them likes jungle. So, I'm stuck as well, but sometimes I just go by myself.

Maybe we could hook up sometime and hit a party together. I check out your bio and it said you're a Rye student. I just graduated from Ryerson in May with a B.Comm.

Drop me a line at: jason_dolman@yahoo.ca if you're insterested in going to a party sometime.

I was thinking about going to the next Intimate party, maybe that would be a good one to go to?

Later.

Jason.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic:
I can never find people to go to jungle parties with anymore!! I was so into this, but even my old standby jungle frineds aren't down w/ t.o. jungle happenings anymore...
what a strange weekend!! kevin - i was at this party and you were at breaksfest!!! the universe is slightly altered...

we only stayed for awhile - wanted to see kenny ken but left before he came on. as others have posted, no one was really dancing. i just attributed that to the fact we were there early but i guess it continued all nite. i also felt *really* old and *really* dressed like a girl...got some strange looks from some not so friendly girls in the bathroom.

sarah

2 rude

TRIBE Member
I totally had a wicked time at the party. I love the vibes that the G-Squad bring to the decks with them. Pure positive. The only single downside to my night was hearing that Christina Aguilera mix. What was that???!!! It was like trying to listen to jungle while someone is scratching a chalkboard with their nails! Maybe Aguishnera has a better response and popularity in England but for real, that chick is a pure hurtbag.

Asides from that, Kenny Ken was a treat to see and Fearless is surprisingly a good dj!

Big ups to Lush and Marcus badmen dem a spin wikkid tune b2b but would have preferred to see them each with their own sets (agreeing with noah). That's all for now. Rudegal.

jungle*baby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by 2 rude:
The only single downside to my night was hearing that Christina Aguilera mix. What was that???!!! It was like trying to listen to jungle while someone is scratching a chalkboard with their nails! Maybe Aguishnera has a better response and popularity in England but for real, that chick is a pure hurtbag.

for real rudegal!! that christina aguishnera
set was wack... mcp introduced it as this track that has never been heard live before... so the crowd was pretty pysched

but as soon as the track came on i was like
"what the f***?" there's just some things that shouldn't be mixed with jungle & this was definitely one of them!!!

latah

lexusboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by doughboy:
I check out your bio and it said you're a Rye student. I just graduated from Ryerson in May with a B.Comm.

big up the we're still in school, so nahnah nahnah nah-nah ryerson massive.

lb.

Negatives:
I must say that dancing room at this party pissed me off. Peeps were jamed in there like sardines in a sardine can. The only place I could bruk out was directly in front of the right speaker, which I don't mind except the fact that floor there was wet & slipery + people were going back and forth threw that door. (What the Fuc% was going on in there)

Another thing that wasn't to pleasing was the cover charge of $20 at the door. On the net it was posted to be $15 at the door. Just be straight up with the price from the start and I'll be happy.

Positives:
Got to see Kenny Ken twice in one week.
My favorite DJ! He threw down a sick set at NY and had me jumpin at the Opera House. I was very pleased.
Step Into Our World Where There's No One Else... = Hype
!

Fearless, what a super nice guy. I got a pic with him.
I always love hearing him on the mic he gets the peeps movin.
All the MC's just rocked the house that night. The MC with the red cap and red hoody I think his name is Tragedy but not sure. I want to see him again soon, he was sick.

All in all the music, sound and talent was awesome and those were the reasons why I went.

Big up to Fearless and Hustlin Beats with Empire Productions. I went home with a smile.
P.S. Try to keep the crowds smaller.

Peace

junglettE

TRIBE Member
ok first off id like to say a big HELLO to ya'll, i havent posted here in a while

Yah anywhoos back to the topic (i always seem to get off topic)
this party was fuckin HYPE!!!!
big ups goes to the empire kru

all sets were wikkid

to George of the jungle ===>> the reason why people kept walking in and out of the doors by the right and left speakers, is because thats how you got on stage?
did you notice the amount of people chilling on the stage?
ever been to an empire dbeatz party and no one was on stage ..... weird shitz gwonin on

ummm and about that 14 yr old "thugged out" peices of shit I HATE EM!!!! tell them to stay home, seriously promoters should start carding people, w/out even saying anything, so that these little pre-pubescent people dont go running to get a fake id
knaw'mean?

Im just rambling now
ill be back latahz

Peese YO
~jungle tities

jungle*baby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglettE:
ummm and about that 14 yr old "thugged out" peices of shit I HATE EM!!!! tell them to stay home, seriously promoters should start carding people, w/out even saying anything, so that these little pre-pubescent people dont go running to get a fake id
knaw'mean?

werd. why don't they card at the doors? i mean it's the little 14-year-olds that are causing shit and bringing the vibe down... they're the ones that are immature and irresponsible by o.d-ing and giving parties a bad rep.

peace

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
actually, i might not have my facts straight but i thought that all the people in toronto who have died from drug overdoses at raves or *shudder* rave clubs were all of legal age.

not that i dont think that they should be carded or anything...but hell, i don't think 14 yr olds should be up that late.

BB