• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

'Hulk' Lou Ferrigno now a sheriff's deputy

man_slut

TRIBE Member
Cooooooool!

'Hulk' Lou Ferrigno now a sheriff's deputy

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The Incredible Hulk is now a county sheriff's department reserve deputy.

Lou Ferrigno, 54, who played the green-skinned monster on the CBS-TV show from 1977 to 1982, was sworn in during a ceremony Monday night.

"My father was a police officer with the New York Police Department; I've always had a high respect for officers," Ferrigno told The Associated Press. "I want to give back to the community, and I want to work with young kids, help them get off drugs."

Ferrigno began training to become a reserve deputy last September after passing a background check. He completed training in firearms, first aid, and high-speed driving techniques and was recognized as "an outstanding trainee" by Sheriff Lee Baca.

Ferrigno will serve at least 20 hours a month, help recruit new deputies and work with the sheriff's Youth Activities League and the Special Victims Bureau, which assists abused children.

Ferrigno was a bodybuilder before he starred on the TV show. The late actor Bill Bixby played mild-mannered scientist David Bruce Banner who, as Ferrigno, turned into a Herculean, green-skinned monster whenever he lost his temper. He switched back to Bixby's character as soon as he calmed down.

In recent years, Ferrigno has appeared as himself on the CBS sitcom "The King of Queens."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/14/deputy.hulk.ap/index.html
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
I thought lou was basically retarded, but I guess not ?
he has a hearing problem whish makes his speech sound "off". This may be what you're referrng to.
 

Kinger

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: 'Hulk' Lou Ferrigno now a sheriff's deputy

Originally posted by AshG
Nice. But like Ronnie Coleman, this part's rather ironic:
There was one photo shoot before Ronnie won the Olympia where he was posing in his cop uniform. I always found that a little strange.
 

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: 'Hulk' Lou Ferrigno now a sheriff's deputy

Originally posted by Kinger
There was one photo shoot before Ronnie won the Olympia where he was posing in his cop uniform. I always found that a little strange.
That's because Ronnie IS a cop....in Texas.

"Coleman graduated Cum Laude from Grambling State University (GSU) in 1989 with a degree in accounting. While attending Coleman also played football with the GSU Tigers under famous coach Eddie Robinson. After graduation, Coleman became a police officer. He continues to work as a reserve officer in Texas."




Anywhoo....it doesn't matter as Jay Cutler is the next one. The Olympia always changes black/ white /black/ white after a bunch of years. Ronnie has won 8.
 

Kinger

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: 'Hulk' Lou Ferrigno now a sheriff's deputy

Originally posted by solacevip
That's because Ronnie IS a cop....in Texas.

"Coleman graduated Cum Laude from Grambling State University (GSU) in 1989 with a degree in accounting. While attending Coleman also played football with the GSU Tigers under famous coach Eddie Robinson. After graduation, Coleman became a police officer. He continues to work as a reserve officer in Texas."


Anywhoo....it doesn't matter as Jay Cutler is the next one. The Olympia always changes black/ white /black/ white after a bunch of years. Ronnie has won 8.

I know that. I'm pretty positive he's not a cop anymore and hasn't been since he first won the Olympia. I just found it odd that considering the sport he was in and the obvious illegal substances that he was buying and using that he was able to remain a cop for as long as he did. I know many cops are juicepigs, however they are not to the extreme that Ronnie is.

Jay Cutler will be too old and demoralized by the time Ronnie is done. He'll be another Flex Wheeler.
 
Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 'Hulk' Lou Ferrigno now a sheriff's deputy

Originally posted by Kinger

Jay Cutler will be too old and demoralized by the time Ronnie is done. He'll be another Flex Wheeler.
Yah....Flex did have some glory days didn't he....but no Sandow trophy.
 

Kinger

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 'Hulk' Lou Ferrigno now a sheriff's deputy

Originally posted by solacevip
Yah....Flex did have some glory days didn't he....but no Sandow trophy.
I would be curious to see what Flex looks like now since his insides all gave out.
 

dg0425

TRIBE Member
I'd be surprised to see Jay compete again next year. He's quoted as saying he'd be crazy to still be competing past 32 and I believe he turns 32 this year. JC probably wanted to take the title this year and probably should have.
 

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 'Hulk' Lou Ferrigno now a sheriff's deputy

Originally posted by Kinger

Jay Cutler will be too old and demoralized by the time Ronnie is done. He'll be another Flex Wheeler.
Jay will be the next, there is no way Ronnie can do another one, he has one every one since what 1998? Time to pass the torch.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Kinger

TRIBE Member
Between the two dudes websites Cutler is listed as two inches shorter but 10lbs heavier when competing. Pure BS.

I've been told I resemble Jay more than Ronnie.
 

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Kinger
Between the two dudes websites Cutler is listed as two inches shorter but 10lbs heavier when competing. Pure BS.

I've been told I resemble Jay more than Ronnie.
Funny...you say that Kinger......seems I resemble Ronnie more than Jay.....that is when I'm not in the off season.



And...yo....I heard about Titus......dude has been on the run for a while....They caught him?
 
Top