• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

hubble takes deepest pictures of space yet

deep

TRIBE Member
http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/newsdesk/archive/releases/2004/07/

Astronomers at the Space Telescope Science Institute today unveiled the deepest portrait of the visible universe ever achieved by humankind. Called the Hubble Ultra Deep Field (HUDF), the million-second-long exposure reveals the first galaxies to emerge from the so-called "dark ages," the time shortly after the big bang when the first stars reheated the cold, dark universe. The new image should offer new insights into what types of objects reheated the universe long ago.

This historic new view is actually two separate images taken by Hubble's Advanced Camera for Surveys (ACS) and the Near Infrared Camera and Multi-object Spectrometer (NICMOS). Both images reveal galaxies that are too faint to be seen by ground-based telescopes, or even in Hubble's previous faraway looks, called the Hubble Deep Fields (HDFs), taken in 1995 and 1998.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter

Pictures like this make me want to take the rest of the day off to contemplate my existence, drink and play Grand Turismo.

Stan

TRIBE Member
It's even more mind wobbling when you consider that every single one of those dots is a galaxy as big as, or bigger than our own.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan
It's even more mind wobbling when you consider that every single one of those dots is a galaxy as big as, or bigger than our own.
None of them are smaller than our own? :p

Stan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SelfExel
Billions of dollars spent in going far away when there is so much to do here.

The dirt is dry.
Yeah, and we shouldn't waste all that money on universities. Everyone should get a practical job at factories, or McDonalds. Why waste money on scientific research when we could be feeding the needy?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls wiht theif

Everybody knows the fight was fixed
Everybody knows the rich stay rich

Everybody knows the captain lied
Everyobdy gots this broken feeling liek thei dog died

Long stem rose, everybody knows

Everybody knows you love me chocolat pants.

Everybody know you been faithfull.

I see you all. Despite not wanting me to.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
You think you love music, but not like me, i feel it deep inside my soul. I think of you thinking this and I think, what does he know, but I realize i'm talking to me, and I'm right, no one feels like I do.

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
Yeah, and we shouldn't waste all that money on universities. Everyone should get a practical job at factories, or McDonalds. Why waste money on scientific research when we could be feeding the needy?
bwhahahahahahahahahhhahaha

i wish i could pull a 'lance bass' and convince the russians to take me on their ship. i would love to see that.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deep

TRIBE Member
and that some of those are long since dead , the picture like a literal time machine

if you look carefully you can see biff picking out the sports almanac from the garbage can

Stan

TRIBE Member
Here's a close up view of a section of the image:

The largest galaxies are about a billion light years away - so the light coming from them is reaching us now, but was emitted about a billion years ago. In comparison, the small specks are galaxies about 15 billion light years away, and were formed when the universe was only about 400 to 800 million years old.