• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Howzaboot dem raptors !

patri©k

TRIBE Member
wow... are we a well gelled team !

lookin' like a bunch of NBA professionals out there !

100 points and not even the fourth quarter yet.

playoffs here we come

fattyp©2002

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
*grumble* ....i was kind of liking the idea of a lottery pick. do we really have a chance against NJ in the 1st round without Vince??

i dont know what to think about these raps.

:confused:

redeyes

TRIBE Member
a lot of people were thinking lottery pick a few weeks ago. i don't know about beating NJ in the first round but never know, i think its easier to pull of an upset in 5 five game series rather than a 7 game series. and after all, anything could happen in the lackluster eastern confrence.

they got quite the situation with vince. this team has been smoking since he got injured. they all learned how to hustle as a team. it should be interesting next year. what if this becomes mo pete's team.

peace

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
i think this is just what the team needs. The past six games have boosted their confidence and it fucking SHOWS when they're on the court. Everyone - the media, the commentators, hell even the fans - wrote them off when Vince announced his surgery plans. I have all the faith in the world that we won't get ousted in the first round of playoffs against new jersey. I also have a gut feeling that Carter will be back for the first rounds if we make the playoffs. He didn't get the full-on surgery, i hear. Something about *scoping his knees*, which is not as serious as the actual surgery.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Your renewed hope is nice and all but you're all just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

*c*

smile

TRIBE Member
straight up....FUCK VINCE "MAMMAS BOY" CARTER.

that guy's a whiny little fuck. yeah he's got some talent, but he's nowhere near to being the leader that this team needs and expects him to be.

when the raptors were in the middle of that huge losing streak, a real leader would have been rallying his troops and inspiring them to do better (a la michael jordan). but no, vince thought the right thing to do was to sit on the bench with a towel on his head and do nothing. some "franchise player" we got.

and another thing, what the hell is with vince thinking he's a coach or something? anytime he's out of the game, all he does is prance around in his really BAD suits and yell a lot.

FUCK VINCE CARTER.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I like that since Vince is gone they've picked up the past 6 in a row. They should get rid of his lazy ass and bring in someone who can either be a team leader or at least be a consistent player. As good as he is sometimes, Vince is still a pussy a lot of the time. He's afraid to lead his team, he's afraid to put effort in sometimes. He's had lots of games where he doesn't seem to want to put any effort in, where he only plays as good as he needs to.

They'd be just as good letting A.D. lead the team and pick up another scorer.... like Nash! :)

Pete

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by smile
straight up....FUCK VINCE "MAMMAS BOY" CARTER.

no FUCK YOU and your ignorance. Vince was playing hurt, you little scumbag. I'd say more, but you're not worth it.

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Even if the Raptors make the playoffs, they'll most likely be playing the Nets, who, lest we forget, have Jason Kidd as their point guard.

As for Vince, he's not a cry baby but he needs another marquee player beside him to help take the slack that the media has put on him. Davis is a great player but just imagine what the season would have been like if McGrady stayed and played alongside his "cousin".

Alas, it is a pipe dream and I doubt they'll spend more money in the off-season. Just a side note - many people might disagree with me but I have always had a strange feeling that Carter is going to bolt soon.

Oh, and before I forget - as good as Alvin Williams may be, the Raptors will never get to the Finals with him as the P.G. (my opinion people.....)

vench

smile

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon

no FUCK YOU and your ignorance. Vince was playing hurt, you little scumbag. I'd say more, but you're not worth it.

yeah whatever.

you never found me a job, so FUCK YOU TOO.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
You Carter bashers have been reading the Toronto Sun too much...

The guy does play hurt. You can see how it affects his game. He doesn't go baseline like he can, and hence he settles for the jumpers. You can slag his d, (or lack thereof, but his commitment is there to see I think)

There has been some benefits of his absence though. The Raptors during the whole losing streak and in other games seemed to have a policy of "Here Vince, take the ball and do something." There was no movement off the ball. I think they get lazy when he's playing.

I was rubbing my eyes at some of the stuff they were doing yesterday and against Philly. People were coming to the ball. There were baseline screens. Effective pick and rolls. Hell, even Keon (worst picksetter on the whole team) set some nice picks up yesterday.

He might not be a vocal leader. I think he's more like a Paul Pierce. He lets his play do the talking.

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
I agree that Vince is a bit of suck but this 6 game streak we're on has says nothing about Vince Carter and alot about the rest of the team. It shows they have skill but they have to put forth effort when Vince is in the game as well- not just just run around in circles waiting for Vince to get it done. And let's not forget that this 6 game streak has been against sub-par opponents to say the least.

I don't think we much of a chance against Jersey although anything is possible with these Raps. We've seen it all ths year (losing 17 of 18, obscene amounts of injuries, longest winning streak of the season was/is without Vince, WTF).

I'd still rather get a lottery pick. NJ will beat us up bad I reckon.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
ummm... kay

first off.... about Vince and that Mamma's Boy comment... I don't necessarily think that he's a momma's boy... however, Marc, I do agree with you on the fact that he is a whiney player.

if the calls do not goes vince's way... he seems to subconciously say, "well, fine then" ! and it appears as though the effort dissapates.

with Vincent Lamar Carter off the court.. the other players have NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER ! They can't rely on BINCE (filipino term) to save them in every offensive situation. The team without vince should be able to succeed.. it's just that Wilkens/Grunwald had it surgically implanted in the rest of the teams head that Vince was the go-to guy. So, that in turn lowers everyones self esteem and confidence. I mean, imagine feeling 'bad' for taking a shot... cuz Vince is standing there waving his arms... "LOOK AT ME, IM VINCE".. "I SHOULD HAVE THE BALL".

he's good, he's fun to watch.. you can count on him for 20 points a game... but you can't rely on him to lead a squad of 13 guys to the finals.

we'll make the playoffs.... but Kidd, Harris, Martin & Kittles... NJ IS GONNA RAPE US ! I mean, the beat LA WITH SHAQ. not an easy feat to do.

anyone else think Shaq is a mutated life form ?

fattyp©2002

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Charles Oakley put it best. 6 game winning streak? Well let's see they beat the bulls, wizards, hawks, phili (sans iverson), the heat and cleveland. They could beat these fools with Yogi leading the team. I'd like to see what they do against above .500 teams. He also said that Grunwald is simply a lawyer, Vince's mom runs the team. Hehe good ole Oak.

Don't get me wrong, I think its great they're putting together these wins and are salvaging a highly disappointing season, but why make the playoffs to get ousted in 3 in the first round? Get us our lottery pick so we can give it to New York for Van Gundy. Think long term people.

*c*

juice

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
Charles Oakley put it best. 6 game winning streak? Well let's see they beat the bulls, wizards, hawks, phili (sans iverson), the heat and cleveland. They could beat these fools with Yogi leading the team. I'd like to see what they do against above .500 teams. He also said that Grunwald is simply a lawyer, Vince's mom runs the team. Hehe good ole Oak.

Don't get me wrong, I think its great they're putting together these wins and are salvaging a highly disappointing season, but why make the playoffs to get ousted in 3 in the first round? Get us our lottery pick so we can give it to New York for Van Gundy. Think long term people.

*c*
Haha chuck ... another great Oakley line from last night was :

Charles Oakley got a mix of boos and cheers from the fans in his third game in Toronto since being traded last summer. "This is a hockey town and they haven't learned basketball. Give them 10 years and maybe they will learn," Oakley said.

You just love to hate a guy like that, but he makes basketball fun.

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
heres the thing...the nets, pistons and celtics all missed the playoffs the last few years...playoff time in the nba is the toughest transition from the regular season of the four major sports...experience plays such a major role in the playoffs...remember 2 years ago when the raps won like 12 of 15 at the end of the season, vince was averaging 29 a game, and we got thumped 3-0 by a knick team w/ less talent but more playoff experience...the next year, with a year of playoffs under our belts, and a few new faces, we were one shot away from the conference finals...now, admitadly, JKidd brings some playoff experience to the nets, and it wouldn't be easy stealing one from one of the best home teams in the L...but the last time the nets were even in the playoffs, Derek Coleman was a fresh faced, skinny bastard...IMO the real team in the east is charlotte, who are healthy, deep and strong at each position (except maybe centre, but you don't need one to win the east)

c.

sen

TRIBE Member
i think a raptor v. nets series would be a good match up, vince or no vince...

in the playoffs, you have to have a good half court game, something the nets do not. you can't just run and gun in the playoffs...

i'd say raps in 4....
it'd be much better than them playing the hornets, or someone with actual post season experience....