• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How's everyone holding up?

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
My next project to keep busy and occupied here in isolation is to turn my unfinished basement, well a corner of it, into a prototyping workshop for my cannabis accessories and jewelry. The main obstacle was removing massive piles of junk I have accumulated over the years. None of it brings me joy, but there might be something I might need in there someday. The procrastination double bind.
Starting was important. I have cleared much of it away now, and I'm starting to think about where I will put the workbench and table for the lathe and drill press.
Good for you, Alex! Going through this myself. It’s a daunting task but getting started is key. I’m trying to rearrange and re-jig my home studio, to give myself some space. It’s amazing how much “stuff” turns out to be “crap” as the years go by. I’ve started selling, gifting and pitching things that I once thought had some intrinsic value. I don’t think I’m in “hoarders” territory but I’ve definitely amassed a large amount of vinyl, art and sundry that I’ll never play, hang or use.

...and you should see my garage!

Forward productivity and a little breathing room seem a little more important than stockpiling and stashing right now. :)

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
Dropped by to say hello. Good to read so many of you are keeping well. Looking back to the early years of the board took me through 9-11 and SARS. What a crazy time and I hope we all are able to find our way back to dance floors and concert venues sometime. Be well and thank you Alex for keeping the board strong.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
basement concrete encased studio is almost done. photos to follow. 1 week and i'll be Streammmmmmming.
total gut of top floor next up.
Mid June, look for a long project.

the work and the booze is the only thing at my own home keeping me sane right now. of course i love Sandra and my daughter...
knowing my daughter's teachers are rocking the Online thing is one thing...hearing them tell us she's their bestest student...priceless.
11. high functioning autistic.
word to your mama.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Dropped by to say hello. Good to read so many of you are keeping well. Looking back to the early years of the board took me through 9-11 and SARS. What a crazy time and I hope we all are able to find our way back to dance floors and concert venues sometime. Be well and thank you Alex for keeping the board strong.
welcome!

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Just grilled a lovely shrimp and veg dinner. Had a few bites. Bit into my tongue in the worst spot. Salt-water swish, followed by peppermint oil which, naturally, I rubbed into my eye. Now I can’t talk without a lisp, or see. Fantastic!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Was never much of a gardener. Not like my parents. But I find that doing even the tiniest bit of gardening really settles and calms. Today I will put my tomatoes in the ground. I have expanded my vegetable bed 2X this year because I think I'll need the food as the food supply might not be stable. I have 6 kinds of hybrid Cherry tomatoes I grew from seed to be planted. Pak Choi and arugula already growing.

I bought a bird feeder and hung it at the back of the yard to attract goldfinches, which I saw for the first time last year. If you haven't seen them, they look almost tropical! They arrived at the feeder the second day. I have some good seed (2X THE FINCHES!!!! it says on the bag) and a couple of Muskoka chairs set up, one in the shade and one in the sun. This is where I will be spending most of my time this summer I think.

I dug a sugar maple out of The Watcher's Magickal Forest property near Bancroft and planted it in the backyard for some shade some years ago. It's now a story tall and leafing nicely, trunk as thick as my arm. Will tap eventually I hope :)

Doing some business, mostly creating content to promote my products on Insta and made some Canadian sales. In negotiations with OCS to sell my surgical steel dabbers. Last week I made my first sale to a US customer (for a MAGICIAN dabber) since the border closed, which proves it can be done.