• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Howie Day

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Anyone ever hear of him? I watched a DVD with him on it last night, some interesting stuff. He plays acoustic guitar but then has a mess of peddles around him, samples his own voice, loops it, adds a beat, mixes in all kinds of crazy loops. Reminded me of a one man Banco de Gaia.

Not sure about his music yet but his style was definitely impressive. Anyone ever seen him live? Apparently here's coming with Stereophonics and I'm just wondering if it would be worth going.

zoo

TRIBE Member
he opened for tori amos when she played massey hall in ... 2002?

i don't remember the year

it was a good concert

howie day was pretty cool

----------------------------------------

i hope i'm not confusing the massey hall with the acc one ...

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
i saw him open for tori amos last year and i was pretty impressed with the stuff he was doing... he was basically recording himself and then playing the loop back and harmonizing with it, till he had a three or four-layer harmony going on, while playing the guitar and all that jazz. i thought it was cool.

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
he opened for tori amos when she played massey hall in ... 2002?

i don't remember the year

it was a good concert

howie day was pretty cool

----------------------------------------

i hope i'm not confusing the massey hall with the acc one ...

it was the ACC one-- we went together member?

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
who would give howie mandel his own day ?

the tony danza museum was one thing, but this goes too far

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
I had a couple a couple of bolts after the TD Museum, that's for sure. I'm surpised you didn't go, it's in San Fran.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mutslaster
it was the ACC one-- we went together member?

yeah i wasn't sure if it was that show or the one before [which was with rufus wainright opening]

my memory's really fuzzy when it comes to ... stuff

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
it's pretty cool, not the brat-wurst way to spend an evening

although you'd probably enjoy it quite a bit if you knew his material before hand

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
When I was watching the DVD and he all his gear I was fascinated, but I couldn't figure out if I would be into the music without the visuals... meh never know unless you try it, I think I'll go.

Thanks.