1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Howard Stern Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by MoFo, Nov 25, 2007.

1. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Oh, and I'm sure the roids didn't help KC's mental health. He seems just as fucked now but he doesn't have a support system now. I feel shitty that Howard doesn't help him out. He should totally just work on the show again. He would be fantastic.

KC got me through a lot of my closeted years. Haha.

2. sianspherica

sianspherica TRIBE Member

Stern has had a good couple of weeks recently.

Seinfeld came on today and they talked for 90 minutes.

Recently there were good interviews with Seth Rogan, Russell Brand

a long and excellent interview with Steven Tyler recently where they ran through classic Aerosmith tunes

3. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

I have been following on Youtube and holy cow, huge guests in the past few weeks.

4. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

But still no Black Keys.

5. sianspherica

I totally agree with Howard that The Black Keys dont need to be on the show.

I don't get the big deal, they aren't an interesting band with an interesting history.

6. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

Am I wrong to think that some of his guests like Seth Rogan and Kathy Griffith just say the same stuff all the time?

Seth talks about smoking weed and Kathy talks about who she is banging.

Of course Howard wants to keep Kathy at arms length... the last thing a guy who barely goes out socially wants is her blabbing all kinds of insider info about him.

7. sianspherica

No, Seth had pretty good stories about making This Is The End.

He's a funny guy because he's a mainstream Hollywood actor but he seems totally relatable and normal.

It's HOWARD that makes him talk about weed so often. Howard seems endlessly fascinated with drugs, despite the fact he says he hasn't done any in ages.

8. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Shrug. Kid Rock is not my thing so... The Black Keys are super fans and one of the biggest bands in the world. So... He's just out of touch. They don't immediately look like the would fit the show of course but they are superfans so there's a chance that they're interesting. There's a big rock contigent to his fans. They have an interesting background. The issue is Steve Brandano is such a hack. I hate that guy. He has no idea how to produce or to work as part of the creative team so his input is always dismissed. He's terrible. Fire that guy. I think they keep him around cuz he can still wrangle interns and do stupid menial tasks. I'm sure he's a hard worker and a good worker but a real producer can pitch guests and convince Howard. Stern gave him so much time to explain why he should invite in guests that he's not familiar with and Steve just flubbed it.

Kinda like Elisa Whoredana with Tommy Mottola.

9. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Ugh, I listened to the Celebrity Superfan where everyone said they would not hire Benjy.
    I CANNOT wait for the show to end so I can see what Benjy does after. I hope no one hires him.

10. T_Dot_House

T_Dot_House TRIBE Member

This is like complaining that he hasn't interviewed Tom Hanks or Brad Pitt. I'm sure if the Black Keys wanted to come on the show, he'd interview them. He just interviewed Tan Mom and Teen Mom. I'm sure he'd rather interview a big band rather than them. Howard doesn't interview bands that often also.

11. dabeats

dabeats TRIBE Member

12. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

The Black Keys are superfans and are dying to get on the show. Howard just doesn't think they're relevant. Would love to hear an acoustic set. Much better than fucking Jewel.

Brad Pitt is also a superfan.

13. The Truth

The Truth TRIBE Member

Do you think that Howard will run for prez with Jesse Ventura?

14. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I hope not. I can't stand Jesse Ventura. He's such a nutjob.

15. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Welcome back Robin!

16. sianspherica

Sir Paul McCarney was back on the show today

good interview, of course Howie just asked him stories about classic Beatles tunes all through it.

17. The Truth

The Truth TRIBE Member

Tracy Morgan interviews are the best!
    [YOUTUBE]NKgQiie5pcI[/YOUTUBE]

18. The Truth

The Truth TRIBE Member

19. dirtbag

dirtbag TRIBE Member

RIP Eric. We speak your names.