• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Howard Stern Appreciation Thread

dstarr

TRIBE Member
Finished Artie's book - what a total tool. At least he understand he's got a horseshoe up his ass because the guy is a total idiot otherwise.

Artie doesn't take his sobriety seriously at all. He keeps drinking most of the time and even when he's trying to be sober, he's on all these meds. It's such a contrast from Duff McKagan's story (read his book recently) in that Duff is scared shitless of taking meds when he's sober and sure enough he falls off the wagon on meds after like 13 years after doing them once and proceeds to back to rehab and get off them for good. Plus Duff turns to physical fitness when we all know what Artie does.

Artie is an alcoholic, drug addict and gambling addict - pure and simple. Plus he's probably bi-polar or something as well. It's sad because he's got great people around him but he's just too far gone to pull himself out of it. I'd feel sorry for him but he is his own worst enemy.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I honestly don't even really miss him on the show. I love the callers and most of the background staff.

The show is definitely missing Sal and Richard. Enough with the phony phone calls. So tired of those. MORE BENJY TOO!

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Block party photos

JD Hosting. My favourite of it was when he would into Ronny.
He meant to say "Ronny Mund, everybody!" but it came out as "Rorrah-run, errerady" which i kept repeating all night.

Hanzi, Ronny, and Shuli.

Sunny in the crowd of pure sauchich.

Ronny and Hanzi arm wrestling.

Tony, Sunny, and Ivan who we bumped into there.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Wow, I am so red faced. It was so hot in there. I never get red when I drink. It could also be the fact that I puked 3 times. I literally have vomit on both my shirts right there.

GREAT TIME. Any more pics, OTIS? I wanna see more of JD.

dabeats

TRIBE Member
hey now!!!

hopefully this howard-con thing pans out because it would be so cool to make the trip for it.

also just wanted to let all the hardcore howard fans out there know that WDM Network the holy grail of stern material has a way to join without getting an invite. he shut down registration for the last couple of years because of all the idiot non fans going on there and ruining it for everyone else.

i`ve been trying for the longest time to get on there doing everything to donating and not even being a member and thanking him on pirate bay for like the last two years for his uploads.

anywho go to the website and click on "how to obtain an invite" and donate $10 and you get an invite. that`s it. believe me you will not be disappointed, he has archives going back to the early 80`s! i`ve been with heynowtorrents for the last couple of years which is good but not as good as wdm.net.

i don`t have anything to do with the website just a huge stern fan.

not sure how long it`s going to last so jump on it now!

heeeey ohhhhh

dabeats

TRIBE Member
whoops should clarify the first part. it should say getting an invite from someone that`s already a member.

been on it the last three hours dl`ing shows from 1980 to present date:O

dabeats

TRIBE Member
yeah getting pretty tired of it myself. really hope he doesn`t sign on for another season.

mofo what do you think about howard-con and what or who would go as?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
yeah getting pretty tired of it myself. really hope he doesn`t sign on for another season.

mofo what do you think about howard-con and what or who would go as?
So I don't know anything about that as my job involves audio so I don't get to listen while I work so I'm still in May. :(

What's going on with that? Because if it's happening, I am going FOR SURE.

dabeats

TRIBE Member
whoa nice find TDH thanks!

mofo someone came up with the idea of a howard con similar to the comic cons that they send wolfie to where does the interviews with the people dressed up as their favorite sci fi character. they`ve been talking about it for the last couple of weeks. i think it`s in the works right now.

for howard con you could go as old characters or objects from the show which would be pretty cool! gary was saying it would be also cool to have old objects like the gary puppet and his fartman suit displayed.

can`t wait to hear what howard has to say about this!

Source: At least 20 'Tonight Show' staffers laid off, Leno's salary slashed - CNN.com

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I doubt Howard would support Howardcon only because he's too fucking lazy to go to it. He wouldn't attend so there's no way he would want something official where he will feel pressure to be involved in.

But who cares? I would attend just to see JD, the crew, Richard... Maybe George would do a signing? They should definitely do live Sybian rides, have a bologna toss game in the corner, karaoke, a gay Navy party, Marianne could MC something, lots of Howard trivia games, Superfan roundtable... The wrap up show should be live there. The Celebrity Superfan Roundtable should do it there.

Fuck, I would totally do a trip down. dabeats, wanna go? Haha.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Also dabeats, can you do me a favour and keep me informed on here? Like if it happens, I wanna be able to plan it immediately. I will go by myself if I have to but it would be nice to set up a Toronto crew to go down together.

dabeats

TRIBE Member
i`m all over it! i`ll post it here when there`s a date set.

howard sounded like he was all for it but as for attending who knows. i`m going to try my best if my schedule allows me to go for sure.

Last edited:

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Is Robin still out? Again, I can't listen so I don't know what's going on. I now have 3 months of off-time so I'm gonna catch up. So she's working from home on an ISDN line and she never comes into the studio because she's too weak? Or she had surgery and is recovering?

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Is Robin still out? So she's working from home on an ISDN line and she never comes into the studio because she's too weak? Or she had surgery and is recovering?
It's never been really revealed, but apparently she's been doing the show from home via an ISDN line since August. They haven't released much info on her illness.

One time she was too sick to do the show since John and Gary sat in. Shuli sat in a few times.

They should just get some really funny people to do one week stints in there. JB Smoove was really funny a few weeks back, so many people I think would be great in there temporarily trying out the Artie/Jackie chair.

The Truth

TRIBE Member
I haven't been listening lately but I listened to the Russell Brand interview on youtube today and she sounds like she's in studio...