• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Howard Stern and the FCC

Alvaro G

Clear Channel has cut Howard out of 6 markets. The FCC is on a rampage since Janet Jackson showed her boob. The U.S. is becoming the truest sense of Babylon. Apparently freedom of speech is only available if your a republican, or an uptight congress woman.

I hope anyone and everyone that reads this from The United States gets rid of G W Bush in this election. How long before book burning is ok again.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

whatwaytoturn

TRIBE Member
I love how he's cut out when it's obviously all schtick, yet fat fucking opiate addicted shitheads like Rush Limbaugh can spew their seriously racist sexist uncriticized bigotry all over the airwaves and be praised for it.

And done EVEN get me started on Dr. Laura, the cunt.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Interestingly enough, Rush Limbaugh actually came out against the FCC and Clear Channel on this today.

LIMBAUGH WARNS OF DANGER TO FREE SPEECH
THU FEB 26 2004 12:28:21 ET

THE NATION'S TOP RADIO HOST RUSH LIMBAUGH WARNED OF GROWING GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION IN BROADCASTING CONTENT.

LIMBAUGH MADE THE COMMENTS AFTER HIS PARENT COMPANY CLEAR CHANNEL DROPPED VIACOM'S HOWARD STERN FROM ITS STATIONS.

'SMUT ON TV GETS PRAISED. SMUT ON TV WINS EMMYS. ON RADIO, THERE SEEMS TO BE DIFFERENT STANDARDS,' LIMBAUGH EXPLAINED.

'I'VE NEVER HEARD HOWARD STERN. BUT WHEN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GETS INVOLVED IN THIS, I GET A LITTLE FRIGHTENED.

'IF WE ARE GOING TO SIT BY AND LET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GET INVOLVED IN THIS, IF THE GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO 'CENSOR' WHAT THEY THINK IS RIGHT AND WRONG... WHAT HAPPENS IF A WHOLE BUNCH OF JOHN KERRYS, OR TERRY MCAULIFFES START RUNNING THIS COUNTRY. AND DECIDE CONSERVATIVE VIEWS ARE LEADING TO VIOLENCE?

'I AM IN THE FREE SPEECH BUSINESS. ITS ONE THING FOR A COMPANY TO DETERMINE IF THEY ARE GOING TO BE PARTY TO IT. ITS ANOTHER THING FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO DO IT.'

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I MISS HOWARD. :(

I used to actually get up in the morning. One of the only reasons to be groggy all day.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
I love Howard. He gets on my nerves but for the most part he's harmless. This really cuts his listenership but he's gone through these things before and survived. His contract is up in 2 years and he's fed up so I don't think he'll be done after that anyway... but it will be on his terms. He makes a lot of $$ for people.

The Buffalo station that I listen to is Infiniti so I still get my Howard in the morning.

Funniest quote from Clear Channel:

"It was vulgar, offensive and insulting, not just to women and African Americans but to anyone with a sense of common decency," Clear Channel Radio Chief Executive John Hogan said in a statement.

which begs the question: WHY DID YOU GET CARRY IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?? it's not like he's suddenly started to be offensive. He's been the same way for 15 years!

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
I listened to him for three months and then realized that it's the same show over and over and over again. His guests, his questions, his comments, his banter/bawling out co-workers.

He recycles everything ad nausea. He also is whiney and promotes himself too much for my tastes.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~decepticon~
I was just searching on the net for that women he's dating, Beth. Does anyone have a picture of her?
v3-07-beth-ostrosky-05.jpg

v3-07-beth-ostrosky-02.jpg

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
I fucked two Beths and fooled around with a few more. All of them turned out to be psycho bitches.

Seriously, that name is cursed. It comes with its own crazy.

nate

TRIBE Member
howard is the man, there is no doubt about that. how many times has he said some things and your like, shit, man, htta is what i wouldl like to say and was thinking.
oh well, he is on 92/9 adn i love his stuff, no matter how retarded or fucked up his guests are, i will always be a howard fan...bring it back soon to T-dot!

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
Text of why howard was banned

here's why he got dumped.

Stern: "Paris Hilton, she banged you good and gave you great oral...I'm not showing anyone my penis."

Stern: "Did you bang Paris Hilton the first night?"

Rick Solomon: "All my dates, I probably get them the first night."

Stern: "Shannon Daugherty, you banged her."

Stern: "You are a cocks-man."

Stern: "I can't believe you banged her. Did you get anal? No anal? I need anal tapes. Anal tapes are my thing. I need anal tapes."

Robin Quivers: "She [Paris] didn't know how to work it."

Stern: "She likes orgasms. I'd like to bang her."

Robin: "I think we're getting too into the locker room [talk]."

Solomon: "The anal game..."

Caller: "We want to smell your fingers [because of where you had your fingers in the Hilton tape]."

Caller: "Ever bang a famous nigger chick? What do they smell like? Watermelons?"

Stern: "Drew Barrymore, how old were you when you banged her?"

Solomon: "I was 20 and Drew was 15. She was emancipated. Drew's virginity was long gone by 15."

Stern: "Did you do the Olsen twins?"

Solomon: "I usually find one girl I like to sleep with and stay with her. The girl I'm with right now is married and famous."

Stern: "It would be great if that woman is Laura Bush, the President's wife."

Stern: "How about Paris Hilton's privates?"

Solomon: "She's got the greatest privates in the world."

Stern: "Rick Solomon, he's the guy with the big schlong."