• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

how to sucessfully quit weed

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
are there things that you dont like about it?
whenever it is offered to me, i just remember all the shit i dont like about it and it makes me say no.

(its worked for k, acid, weed and mda. it hasnt worked for cigarettes, mind you)

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
you're leavin' the team??....dont do that...let's talk about this:(

yo honestly though..........

i just want to cut my cancer risks down...

i have friends that smoke it like a cigarette and im thinking it time to wrap it up

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djdeposit

i have friends that smoke it like a cigarette and im thinking it time to wrap it up

you nearly answered your own question...MODERATION...who says you have to smoke it religously all the time...best enjoyed when you really crave so save that joint for a rainy day....don't just all up and leave us like that!

Casey

TRIBE Member
you nearly answered your own question...MODERATION...who says you have to smoke it religously all the time...best enjoyed when you really crave so save that joint for a rainy day....don't just all up and leave us like that!

If you want to actually quit, don't hang out with this guy.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member

is it really THAT carcinogenic??? Asking cause I really don't know. I've only heard shit from TV (insert rolleyes) but never bothered to do much research on it.

p.s/ I've learned in the past 5 years that everything causes cancer and everything prevents it.

Resolver

TRIBE Member

yeah totally & make sure your significant other (if you have one)is pressuring you to quit as well.... it could be worse, you could smoke 1-2+++ packs of cigarettes a day....I wouldn't smoke weed every hour of the day though... well sometimes it alright I guess...;)

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
You know..........i only go on these guilt trips after i overindulge in the shit.

and i think it could be worse then ciggs simply because good weed has alot of chemicals in it

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Resolver
yeah totally & make sure your significant other (if you have one)is pressuring you to quit as well.... it could be worse, you could smoke 1-2+++ packs of cigarettes a day....I wouldn't smoke weed every hour of the day though... well sometimes it alright I guess...;)

smoking is dirty...that simple

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
stop buying it.

thats not it ...........when u have friends who juggle the stuff like scarface.....purchasing isn't a factor

im obviously over reacting...........but when a long time friend offers you a spleeef......free of charge........its a litttle harder

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
surround yourself with people who don't depend on it.

then if you really want to smoke you'll have to seek out company or smoke alone .

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards
That only works if you don't hang out with a bunch of smokers!

for sure...people always have weed...it;s a very friendly drug in that sense...staying out of the rotation is one of the hardest things to do in this kind of situation...just don't succomb to peer pressure

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
You know..........i only go on these guilt trips after i overindulge in the shit.

and i think it could be worse then ciggs simply because good weed has alot of chemicals in it

whoa there cowboy.

I don't think weed has half as much chemicals in it as cirgarettes.

tho I honestly don't know I simply find it hard to believe considering everything from tar to formaldehyde is found in cigarettes. Why do you think they never burn out even when it's windy?

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member

It's not everyday that people actually have a good excuse for quiting but yours is definately genuine!

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards
It's not everyday that people actually have a good excuse for quiting but yours is definately genuine!

I think every/any thing is a good reason to quit smoking regardless whether it's weed or a cigarette...we could all use more will power

tayo

TRIBE Member
Marijuana cigarettes don't have filters. But tobacco smokers tend to smoke a lot more than marijuana smokers anyway.

.. yeah just remember all the bad things that go along with it like spending lots of money and wasting lots of time and ruining your lungs etc.

Also think about your values and judge whether or not being dependent on chemicals fits in with your view of yourself?
I find that all my friends who are chronic smokers all tend to be these outspoken freedom-of-thought types and then there they are on sunday morning crawling all over each other in search of green stuff ... of course i would never tell them that because i loooove them :)

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
you can only know what the weed contains if you grow it yourself.........or maybee even if you know the grower.

so yes there has to be some serious chemicals in weed to make the bud smell like a bottle of windex

Alita

TRIBE Member
suggestions:

- get a new crew
- get a new hobby
- do things where it's diffcult to bun, like a sport or join a club or volunteer or something

Good luck!

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i smoked weed daily for several years and i think i've bought it under 20 times.
my roommate, boyfriend and close friends all smoke weed pretty much daily.
its hard to just say "time to get new friends!"
the change has to come from you. (not to get all Dr Phil about it)

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
I think every/any thing is a good reason to quit smoking regardless whether it's weed or a cigarette...we could all use more will power

The health concern is a good excuse....everyone telling you weed is an addictive drug that isn't just as bad as alcohol is not a good excuse.