• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

how to save dj mixes???

Visual1

TRIBE Member
So i just downloaded a dj mix, and i am trying to move it to itunes, and when it gets there it reads 0 seconds. i use mac and safari and when i downloaded the mix a second safari window opened and downloaded the mix. so then i went to file, and save as and saved it to my desktop. then i dragged it to itunes where it will not open or play. any help would be great.

thanks

D-Cypher

TRIBE Member
what is the file extension? iTunes does not play many file types, including Windows Media (*.wmv, *.wma, etc)

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Where did you download it from, and yeah you might have to convert the download to a file that I-tunes can read. If it can't play in I-tunes have you tryed windows? I have a mac and have both I-tunes and Windows Media player.

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
how big is the actual file?
when I download expired links I get a file that looks like a mp3 but is actually 0mb. so although it looks like there is an mp3, and it loads WinAmp, but wont play because there is no data.
quite annoying when I go to listen to that new mix I thought I got ahold of.

billy

TRIBE Member
wouldn't you notice something when your download takes a fraction of a second to complete?

Visual1

TRIBE Member
thanks for the advice. i actually just have to press cntrl and the scroll pad on my laptop. yhen it gives me the option to download the file rather than just clicking on the link to listen. i feel like an idiot.

billy

TRIBE Member
Visual1 said:
thanks for the advice. i actually just have to press cntrl and the scroll pad on my laptop. yhen it gives me the option to download the file rather than just clicking on the link to listen. i feel like an idiot.
ya, actually downloading the mix is a good start towards saving it. :p