• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

how to resize pics in photoshop?

jasmyn

TRIBE Member
help please! i'm a photoshop newbie!! :D

can i resize a bunch of pics all together at the same time? or does it have to be one at a time?

thanks all! :)

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Image> Image Size>

If you want to perform it on a batch, you have to create an automated action.. which is a bit more complicated.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jasmyn
help please! i'm a photoshop newbie!! :D

can i resize a bunch of pics all together at the same time? or does it have to be one at a time?

thanks all! :)

are you gonna post those drunken pics from a few weeks ago

please tell me your not photoshopping them.....

:D

defazman

TRIBE Member
ooh oh, I just figured this out. Choose as save as web image or something, and then you can type in what size you want to save it as.

jasmyn

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: how to resize pics in photoshop?

Originally posted by quantumize
are you gonna post those drunken pics from a few weeks ago

please tell me your not photoshopping them.....

:D

i'm working on those! ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
Image> Image Size>

If you want to perform it on a batch, you have to create an automated action.. which is a bit more complicated.

a lot complicated? I know the program well, and I'm dying to know this.

Access

TRIBE Member
Should make sure it's high res (300 dots per Inch) or it's gonna lose tons of quality whenever you re-size

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
changing resolution will alter the picture size unless you alter image size at the same time.

If you're posting it online you might as well make it 72 dpi because that's all it is viewed at.

and, I'm drunk, so I *may* be wrong.

jasmyn

TRIBE Member
^^haha, posting while drunk ... i have yet to do that!

i'm just resizing to post online, so i'm not worried about the quality. i still keep the original pic size.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
a lot complicated? I know the program well, and I'm dying to know this.

*open all your pics in photoshop, make sure they are all the same size & that you want them resized to the same end size
*make sure your HISTORY/ACTIONS tab is visible
*click on the action tap
*hit on the mini arrow (in the top right corner of the action tab, pointing right)
*select NEW ACTION
*name your action as resize, create it in a new category if you want (like layer sets)
*hit RECORD
*at this point perform the resize action you want on ONE of the images you have open, including saving & closing it.
*then hit STOP on the bottom of the ACTIONS tab
*you've now created an action.

To apply the automated action it to the next pic, make sure it's in the active state and just hit play

You can create an automated action to do anything you want in photoshop, and you can create them all within a layer set so that different ones can happen at once.

gasper

TRIBE Member
Alternatively, you could record the action on just one pic (only record the actual actions you want to do, not the opening and closing of the files), then use FILE -> AUTOMATE -> BATCH

You'll have to choose a source and destination folder. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERWRITE YOUR ORIGINALS!

This simple function in PS has saved me years (ok maybe days, but a heck of a lot of time anyhow)!