• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How to properly loose tummy fat (?)

AEGLE

TRIBE Member
Hi all.

I have never been pregnant and never had an overweight problem to battle with in my hole entire life. But now at the age of 28 I am having the toughest time keeping the weight off my belly region. Aside from that I'm in great shape.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to loose stubborn belly fat?

dyad

TRIBE Member
if you look in the last few pages of the workout thread there is a big discussion about bellies and abs.

diet/cardio/strength training are the only way its gonna happen... or a meth habit

and make sure your expectations are realistic, some bodies are always gonna have a layer of fat in the abdominal region, to get rid of it would be to seriously restrict your food and beer intake thus becoming less happy in the long run

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

AEGLE

TRIBE Member
dyad said:
if you look in the last few pages of the workout thread there is a big discussion about bellies and abs.

diet/cardio/strength training are the only way its gonna happen... or a meth habit

and make sure your expectations are realistic, some bodies are always gonna have a layer of fat in the abdominal region, to get rid of it would be to seriously restrict your food and beer intake thus becoming less happy in the long run
I think my expectations are very realistic. Having some belly fat is not a problem for me, in fact i think it's quite cute. My problem is that i currently have much too much belly fat and it's starting to look out of porportion with the rest of my body.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
So if I understand that last bit of the workout thread correctly, you have to pretty much lose all of your body fat to start getting abs (if your body is more inclined towards storing fat in the tummy)?

I have practically no body fat anywhere else BUT my 'love handles'.

:/

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Cut out:

sugar and white potatoes.

Only eat brown rice, whole wheat or kamut pasta, whole wheat/multigrain/dark rye bread.

When people have extra weight in the mid section it is do to eating refined and simple carbs that raise your insulin level and blood sugar level(GI level) and just store those foods as fat.

Refined Carbs:
Most unsweetened, but refined (non-whole-grain) cereal, bread, granola, pasta, general baked goods.

Simple Carbs:
Candy, honey, pop, donuts, sweetened cereal, cakes, sweet fruit, fruit juice, white sugar, brown sugar,
corn syrup, maple syrup, molasses, sucrose, glucose, fructose, dextrose, and other "...ose" variations.

As well..eat fruit early in the day when you have time to burn off the energy. If you eat it before bedtime the sugars in the fruit turn into fat.

and of course work out a little.

My 2 cents.:)

dyad

TRIBE Member
AEGLE said:
I think my expectations are very realistic. Having some belly fat is not a problem for me, in fact i think it's quite cute. My problem is that i currently have much too much belly fat and it's starting to look out of porportion with the rest of my body.
ok... if thats the case than diet is the first place you should look then do cardio like a madwoman. remember that your metabolism slows considerably after 25 and thats probably the reason why you are having a harder time keeping weight off.

there is no specific target for the belly. you just have to lose weight everywhere.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Sleepy Giant said:
Beer absolutely killed my abs last summer.

Beer is at the *very top* of the glycemic index chart.

Which means it raises your insulin level the highest and stores as fat bigtime! But I guess one doesn't need a chart to know this.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
geminigirl said:
As well..eat fruit early in the day when you have time to burn off the energy. If you eat it before bedtime the sugars in the fruit turn into fat.
AAAAAAH

This might be the culprit, right here.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I had love handles appearing two weeks ago. I guess because I was being a lazy slob and being sedentary due to the icky weather.

So instead of feeling defeated by my body... I stepped it up a notch, and the love handles have melted away.

The summer is here, and I plan on looking hot, and more than that, I plan on being really active, because when I am, I'm generally happier and feel better about myself.

So. There it is. I didn't diet, all I did was give'r a bit more on a daily basis and take the stairs where I could, rollerbladed or walked to the store instead of driving and avoided being home on my couch and replaced it with outside and active fun instead.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
So if I understand that last bit of the workout thread correctly, you have to pretty much lose all of your body fat to start getting abs (if your body is more inclined towards storing fat in the tummy)?

I have practically no body fat anywhere else BUT my 'love handles'.

:/
Yeah the only reason my stomach is toned looking is because I carry very little fat there, not from working out. Everyone has abs, they're just hidden.

AEGLE

TRIBE Member
rubytuesday said:
Are you under a lot of stress? Cortisol (cue that cheesy commerical) can put excess fat on the abdominal region.
Yes, i have been for the past two years. This would make a lot of sense actually since I am physically fit everywhere else cept for the abdominal region. One thing i remember hearing about this type of fat storage is that 'stress fat' is probably the hardest of any to loose, and sometimes it never really goes away.

kate

TRIBE Member
I'm trying to lose tummy fat too-its the only place that I put on weight. I have started by actually going to the gym, eating less carbs, and I'm going to start swimming for cardio, as it is realistically the only form of cardio i can handle. I hope it works!!!

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
my 2 cents work out and use whole body exercises in conjunction with the cardio and diet that gemini girl has suggested.

if you are doing whole body exercises, your workouts including cardio wont exceed an hour a day sometimes even less........in order to get a good work out that will benefit your goals and with short work out periods you have to work at a high intensity.......so whole body exercises like squats, lunges, step ups, bench press, and pull ups will hit all body parts......

if you want a sample of things to do PM me............. most important is diet..........

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
by the way, dont buy into the low carb fad.........go with gemini's suggestions...........we need carbs for our brain and muscle building!!!!!!

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Another huge factor is sleep.

If you get regular consistant sleep your body is more likely to be in good shape.

The more irregular your sleep habits, the more your blood sugar goes up and down and that is when you crave carbs and sugary foods.

The more you keep and even keel of sleep and eating habits..the more likely you will attain the shape you're desiring.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
The only thing you should restrict or weed out of your "Diet" if fried foods. They are completely unnecessairy and unhealthy at that.

Dont avoid carbs, just eat the better ones. The choice is yours... Do it for yourself.

I've switched to whole wheat for just about everything, and I was stupid not to have done it earlier in life, it fills you up more and makes you feel better on top of the fact that it really doesn't taste any different. That part is all in your head.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
danielablau said:
by the way, dont buy into the low carb fad.........go with gemini's suggestions...........we need carbs for our brain and muscle building!!!!!!

I couldn't survive without my carbs!mmmmmmmm

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
Watcher..........i'vre realized that feeling shitty in the morning is not from weed but from eating tons of refined sugar garbage before bed after said weed.........

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders