• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How to prevent pop up ads?

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Just realized that Kazaa is taking over my parents new computer...pop up ads everywhere.

What is the easiest way to prevent, without uninstalling kazaa?

It's driving me crazy.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
The best in my opinion is the Google toolbar which will block popups. And if is actually a pop-up that you want to view, just hold down the CTRL key when you go to the site.

Cheers ... Ian :)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

deep

TRIBE Member
use adaware and spybot search and destroy....sometimes one picks up what the other misses

most adware and exploits are written for internet explorer .... use a different more secure browser like mozilla firebird

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Mozzilla Firebird! I've been converted. ;)

Also I would install KazaaLite ++. I downloaded Kazaalite off of Kazaa, installed it and then uninstalled Kazaa.

bitchass

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
The best in my opinion is the Google toolbar which will block popups. And if is actually a pop-up that you want to view, just hold down the CTRL key when you go to the site.

Cheers ... Ian :)
i fully agree with google toolbar! easiest to set up, works great and doesn't ruin things its not supposed to (especially if you know about the CTRL workaround)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

bitchass

TRIBE Member
its not dead, just not officially distributed anymore. if you can find it (on kazaa or on a mirror) it works fine!

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
I just go my* tools* then* internet options* click *security* then raise the bar to *high.*

I might only spend a hour a day on the computer now, I'm pretty much bored of it so I just do it this way and it works great.I might only see 2 pop ups.This Paris Hilton one keeps showing up for fuck sakes.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
Kazaalite++ is dead.
No its not - I've got it up and running nicely.

As I mentioned earlier, download Kazaa then download kazaalite++ from it. Install Lite and uninstall the full version. Bingo Bango!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Kid Lax

TRIBE Promoter
Run Ad-aware and Spybot

I use this (Safeguard Protect) to block popups. Its a great little program that doesn't add a toolbar or anything annoying like that to your IE. It resides under the 'Tools' option at the top. It'll tell you in the status bar if a popup was blocked, and your cursor will change showing that it blocked a popup. If you need the popup, just hold CTRL. Great program.