• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How to learn French?

echootje

TRIBE Member
What's the best way to learn French so I can credibly say that I know it as a job qualification?

If you can think of any any beginners courses that you really benefitted from or books/tapes that worked well please let me know.

Rob

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

labRat

TRIBE Member
immersion is really the only way.

or you can learn from Sol, the drunken french clown

sol.jpg

Le Werd!

mingster

TRIBE Member
your best bet to learn french properly and in good time, would be to take some language courses, at one of our city's fine language schools. try contacting the alliance francaise.

Poot

TRIBE Member
LOL at labRat's post of Sol!!

But seriously, you will need some formal instruction - then ideally to be thrown into a week or two in a French-only environment.

And it might sound silly, but the best way to practice is to make anyone you know who is fluent speak to you in French, once you start learning.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje
What's the best way to learn French so I can credibly say that I know it as a job qualification?

If you can think of any any beginners courses that you really benefitted from or books/tapes that worked well please let me know.

Rob

I took French night school last year at Alliance Francaise de Toronto. They are located at 24 Spadina (just north of Bloor on the west side) I really enjoyed my time there, the teachers were great! :)

~Lori

echootje

TRIBE Member
FYI thread readers,

www.alliance-francaise.ca is telling me thato to obtain the DELF certificate I need to complete 6x24 hours of classes, and once I obtain the DELF I'll be nationally recognized as havng basic french competency.

At $260 a class it seems kindof expensive though, I'll have to look around...

Rob

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje
FYI thread readers,

www.alliance-francaise.ca is telling me thato to obtain the DELF certificate I need to complete 6x24 hours of classes, and once I obtain the DELF I'll be nationally recognized as havng basic french competency.

At $260 a class it seems kindof expensive though, I'll have to look around...

Rob

Wow! I remember paying around $260 for the entire chunk of classes, either you misunderstood them or the costs have skyrocketed!

~Lori

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Try downloading the Pimsleur French Lessons. I've been using the Mandarin lessons, and they are really goo dfor learning a new language.

I've seen them for download on www.suprnova.org from time to time. Maybe you can also find them on Kazaa, but Kazaa blows.