• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

how to get what i want from fido?

jebac

TRIBE Member
ok heres the deal. in sept i signed up for a fido plan and ended up getting the phone. however the entire time i was eyeing the motorola v3 and wanted to get it but thought it was too expensive. since then, rogers had a $50 motorla v3 promotion and i was kickign myself because i was locked into the fido 2 year plan. now thats ended... however, now fido has a $50 v3 promotion! so heres the deal, i want this phone, and i want it for $50, so how can i go about doing it??

is there anything i can do? i have a year more left on my contract and i would love to own this phone... is there anything they can do for my poor butt?? :(

-jebac

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

J e l o

TRIBE Member
Hey
I'd avoid them like the plague. Sure, most cell providers suck the proverbial balls but FIDO takes the cake. I've been with them for 2 years, have one more to go and I hate them with my all.
I've gone since and aquired a new phone without them, I just dropped in my SIM card and bam! I'd not go with FIDO(bell is the ass too where you will frequently need to do your own accounting on bills). The reception is mediocre and especially poor if in my condo. Times where my phone informs that voicemail is waiting for me without it ever ringing is countless. I could go on...my 2cents. Eat my toe jam FIDO, I count the days where my contract with you is up. I refuse to buy out and give them more money.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
i've been with Fido since '98. I have no problem with the reception. its usually great. With the expanded coverage on the Rogers network its even better becasue the phone works outside of Toronto now lol.

if you locked into a 2 year plan last year than, why don't you call fido and ask if you can upgrade the phone and pay the 50 bucks but maintain your contract?

jelo your coverage is probably spotting becasue the phone is not a fido phone. I get non of what you are describing. I have the motorola V180 for a year and half.. I'm upgrading it soon though but its decent

Last edited:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
i've been with Fido since '98. I have no problem with the reception. its usually great. With the expanded coverage on the Rogers network its even better becasue the phone works outside of Toronto now lol.

if you locked into a 2 year plan last year than, why don't you call fido and ask if you can upgrade the phone and pay the 50 bucks but maintain your contract?

jelo your coverage is probably spotting becasue the phone is not a fido phone. I get non of what you are describing. I have the motorola V180 for a year and half.. I'm upgrading it soon though but its decent
they will want you to sign on for another year or two to get the deal

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders