• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

how to find singers for your projects

leftyNinja

TRIBE Member
I posted a thread in downtempo room, but I thought I might get more responses here.

I've been looking for a female singer for my downtempo / chillout project a la Ivy / Flunk, but it's not that easy as it seems.

so I'm asking you experienced producers where you guys post your ads to find a singer for your projects. or maybe you have alternative ways to spot potential singers??

ANY advice is greatly appreciated!

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
if you want deep, then maybe try jazz clubs and the like. Thos women have just the voice you need.
Go up and talk to them, make a deal, offer money for services... it shouldn't be too hard.

Mike Goodwin

TRIBE Member
If I am looking I go to shows where I feel I mignt see the talent that I am after. It is not something I have done alot but when you are offereing to record someone usaly they are easy to talk to and will show intrest. It is not like you are trying to sell someone something.

Best of luck.

I also may have someone that could help you out. If you are intrested I could talk to her and see if she has time to help you out.

Peace

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
put notices up around campus(if you're near a school).

you may have to do some filtering, as not all will be the crème de la crème, but it'll be cheap, and you'll likely meet some cool people.

when you start dealing with professionals, things tend to get complicated.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
PM liquidfairy on this board. She has a fanfuckingtastic voice and knows her way around the studio as well.

Cheers,
J<

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i know a gurl...shes quite studio shy...but she's got one hell of a voice.
she can hear a song, and immediately add an accompanying voice to it...as a back up, or another chorus.
im not very good with these 'liingos ' . but she can belt it out.
if interested, let me know.

Last edited:

flawless_sound

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by leftyNinja
I posted a thread in downtempo room, but I thought I might get more responses here.

I've been looking for a female singer for my downtempo / chillout project a la Ivy / Flunk, but it's not that easy as it seems.

so I'm asking you experienced producers where you guys post your ads to find a singer for your projects. or maybe you have alternative ways to spot potential singers??

ANY advice is greatly appreciated!

check your pm's!!!!!