• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

how to deal with women...

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
always tell them they're right. It will be hard since they never are, but it will save you looooads of headaches.

assassaint

TRIBE Member
ChrisD said:
How to deal?

If you feel the heat coming on, and your about to land in the dog house - STRIKE FIRST, Attempt a preemptive strike!

All else fails stick in your get of jail free card - a copy of the notebook, and even try a "fake cry" at the sappy scenes.

Always start your argument and retort with Baby, and end with Baby. For instance, BUT BABY IT WAS ME BABY! Chicks love this.
ahhahaha

always tell them they're right. It will be hard since they never are, but it will save you looooads of headaches.

LOL

shit, im gonna subscribe to this thread, i may learn something. i wish i could contribute but i suck something fierce when it comes to woman.

i've been called emotional cripple, stalker, douche (when i didnt call her back in 2 days lol), fuckface and my favourite "hey you, in the bushes".

so yeah... i think all y'all are better off without any help from yours truly.

edit - whoever said something about the notebook, go fuck yourself. tried it once, backfired badly, got called "soulles bastard".

also, if you wanna see artsy european flick with a girl that you really like DO NOT rent baise moi

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Not all women are jealous irrational psycho beasts. 95% are, so what you gotta do is not deal with those 95% in the way which they want. What way is that you ask? Caring! They want you to care so you can be involved in their bullshit. Never care. Caring is what gets you into trouble. Just keep your eyes on the prize and you'll be fine.

assassaint

TRIBE Member
i agree but how the fuck do you know that shes one of them 5%??

because, at the beginning they all look pretty normal to me. and then after 2 weeks it starts....

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
100% of eastern european women actually. it is known around tribe as vinders law or the gemini girl effect.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Muad'ib said:
100% of eastern european women actually. it is known around tribe as vinders law or the gemini girl effect.
Using the few 'Brassrailian' Lines I have managed to learn - DA DA

Deus

TRIBE Member
ChrisD said:
Always start your argument and retort with Baby, and end with Baby. For instance, BUT BABY IT WAS ME BABY! Chicks love this.
Ok, so what's the deal with couples calling each other "baby"? I don't get this. A baby is an infant, how is this pleasing to the other person? Splain.

nonlocal

TRIBE Member
Toonces said:
I love this cartoon:
I want to defend Skipper a little bit but I am afraid of getting my head bitten off too. But I think you guys are really twisting what she is saying. I think her comment is true of both men and women. When someone, male or female, is upset, in the immediate term they need someone to listen and let them vent, or talk it through. Next, AFTER they have gotten it off their chest, they might need someone to help them with solutions but that is a totally separate thing. It's a good point that maybe a person should say so if they just want someone to listen. But nevertheless, it's also good if you can see when it is appropriate to just listen, and when it is appropriate to pipe in.

OK, now off with my head too, I suppose.
This thread is a hilarious illustration of the problem implied in the title... aaaanyway.

Typically (if my failed attempts to 'deal with women' are any indication), I haven't been able to read the whole thread-- though I tried, really I did-- before giving in to my urge to pipe up.

The topic is ripe for generalization, but I do think there is a gender difference in this need to vent. Though sometimes I may just spout off about a problem and feel better about having said something to somebody, usually by the time I talk about it-- especially to a girlfriend or whatever, if they aren't directly involved in the issue-- it means I have thought about it a fair bit and want somebody else's input. As much as I have heard all the things expressed herein before, I can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of wanting to talk about something without... having a conversation about it.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
That chick deserved it RumRogerz.

Unfortunately there are so many people (men & women) who do this in the middle of a conversation :mad: . They're all 'excuse me' and then are on the phone forever. Ridiculous.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
unique2100 said:
Not all women are jealous irrational psycho beasts. 95% are, so what you gotta do is not deal with those 95% in the way which they want. What way is that you ask? Caring! They want you to care so you can be involved in their bullshit. Never care. Caring is what gets you into trouble. Just keep your eyes on the prize and you'll be fine.
Ok, just got the down-low from one of my buddies today.

There are some psychos out there. He broke up with his girlfriend 7 months ago and has been doing the dating trail. But for some reason, after a couple of dates they'd lose interest? He was confused as all seemed to be going well. He's a very cute and sweet guy.

Fast forward to now. Went on a week's vacation to the Dominican with his current gf. She arrives to pick him up and shows him a printed off fb message she received from some random person. It's a copy and paste of a somewhat sexual conversation he had with another girl before he even met her. He explained it was a while back. They had a great time. Psychobitch did not interfere with their plans.

Checked with the other girls who are still fb friends, and yeah... they recieved much the same thing which is why they cut him off.

Turns out his ex (PB) hacked into his account and has been sending these things since Oct.

Should I even bother to tell you about the fb message she sent to EVERYONE after they broke up about how he abuses her (but she doesn't understand why he wants to break up with her as she loves him so much and JUST wants to be with him?), or that she called his MOTHER? Yep, to tell her what bad things he was up to. His mother called him in tears thinking he was a drug addict. He likes his j. To hear his mom crying on the phone?? Man.

He has deleted all of the people that are her friends. Lesson to all. Cut ties to psychos.

deevah

TRIBE Member
^ i seen similar stories but with the gender roles reversed...guy stalking the ex, calling to rat her out to her mother, reporting her every move to the over-protective parents

sometimes it ain't the chick that's crazy and sometimes it ain't the guy that's stupid

frankly, i'd rather deal w/ stupid...way more predictable. i don't envy you guys having to manage some of us nutbars raging on hormones. Girls, we really need to start calling each other out on being psychobitches more often. Guys...well shit..more DHA and ginko?

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
^ i seen similar stories but with the gender roles reversed...guy stalking the ex, calling to rat her out to her mother, reporting her every move to the over-protective parents

sometimes it ain't the chick that's crazy and sometimes it ain't the guy that's stupid

frankly, i'd rather deal w/ stupid...way more predictable. i don't envy you guys having to manage some of us nutbars raging on hormones. Girls, we really need to start calling each other out on being psychobitches more often. Guys...well shit..more DHA and ginko?
Agreed. I should have said this earlier. I've seen guys and girls do this. It accomplishes nothing except to make the psycho look, well, psycho.

Aleks

TRIBE Member
rod_g said:
Unless they are Polish. Then your dealing with 100%
HAHAH. I find it so funny how i always hear this from other guys. Its relieving to hear that its not just my imagination!

assassaint

TRIBE Member
nonlocal said:
The topic is ripe for generalization, but I do think there is a gender difference in this need to vent.
get with the program man. that DUDE is PREGNANT.

what the fuck is gender?

RobotHouse

TRIBE Member
NemIsis said:
He has deleted all of the people that are her friends. Lesson to all. Cut ties to psychos.
This can be extremely difficult and frustrating. Especially if they are determined to get the revenge they seek.

skyparty

TRIBE Member
a guy i know is getting abused by his girlfriend.

she is controlling. manipulative, and emotionally/verbally abusive.

it's so pathetic. LEAVE THE WOMAN.

"but i love her, and i just want her to love me.
i want her to love me the way a nice girlfriend should.
when things are good, they are so good."

keep in mind she put him in jail for a few days, FOR NOTHING.

crazy bitches!

then last night i heard a fight from a new couple in my apartment.

"i know you've never been in a serious relationship before...
but you're here. this is it. you're in one! we live together!
so what's important to you... is important to me...

FUCK!!!!!!!!! didn't yo hear a word i said?

WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU, IS IMPORTANT TO ME!"

she was crying, he was barely saying a word, and it drove her more crazy.

:)

i'm a crier myself. dear lord haha suckers....

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
When guys are in abusive relationships it can take some time for the guy to realize it not only because it works against the stereotype but because no guy is going to admit (or at least believe) that he's receiving abuse from a woman.

It's a shitty situation to be in because you will always make excuses or justify it in a hundred ways to yourself while it just goes on and on and on. And when you break free from it, feel the weight off your shoulders and look at it in hindsight only then do you finally realize just how ugly and abusive it was. Well that works for either men or women, but I think men have to come around to realizing that abuse is often a two-way street.

nonlocal

TRIBE Member
assassaint said:
get with the program man. that DUDE is PREGNANT.

what the fuck is gender?
A fine question, and precisely what I was trying to dance around by giving the caveat of generalization before my comments...

I can't answer, of course, but I do find it interesting that trannies and extreme cases like your friend the PREGNANT DUDE are held up as examples of a post-gender society, when really they are examples of the hold gender roles still have over us. If gender wasn't so important, and defining of "who you are," than he(she?) wouldn't have had to take all those hormones to change his(her?) body to match the person he felt he 'really was' or whatever. Even if you're a boy, busting out the lipstick and pumps for a friday night is re-enforcing traditional gender roles, not breaking them down...

Not that there's anything wrong with that.