• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How to computer sp34k

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kodos

TRIBE Member
fucking new schoolers

hands up everyone who bbs'd or at least did something subversive with the internet before it became a virtual strip mall

everyone else, leave :p

<= so 'leet he's in retirement and doesnt have to waste time typing like that anymore

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kodos
fucking new schoolers

hands up everyone who bbs'd or at least did something subversive with the internet before it became a virtual strip mall

<= so 'leet he's in retirement and doesnt have to waste time typing like that anymore

BBSing since '85, back when the "l33t" were called rugrats constantly looking for places to l33ch warez.

BBB.

..ah, rugrats and 350 baud modems. Sigh. Getting old.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i started on a Cardinal 2400bps external modem that got hot like a mother fucker

after a few years of bbs'ing, i decided to take it to the next level

paying a bbs for their internet access

i had PPP internet acess through a bbs around 93?

the internet was so pure then :0)

hyperlinks off webpages were actually more useful than any search engine

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy

BBSing since '85, back when the "l33t" were called rugrats constantly looking for places to l33ch warez.

BBB.

..ah, rugrats and 350 baud modems. Sigh. Getting old.

that is fucking old school, dude.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Silverback

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kodos
fucking new schoolers

bbs'd? Hell I had my own for a couple of years, 2400, then 14.4, then 28.8 and the unattainable, 33.6 .. my GAWD, what SPEEED! Joining message networks and getting usenet newsgroups using UUCP! hahahaha .. Fidonet .. That was pretty big. Wonder what happened to all that stuff. Anyone play BRE, TradeWars, L.O.R.D?

Or have I just admitted what a geek I was/am and I'm all alone in a corner by myself. :)

kodos

TRIBE Member
there's geek and then there's leet.. just know the difference and everyone will remain in possession of their limbs and major organs

E-spot

TRIBE Member
My first modem was a 300 baud. I still remember how the text would display slowly line by line.

If any of you still want to play L.O.R.D Acad's World has a few games set up. I recommend the Java Telnet applet (so you get all the regular LORD colours).

Acad's World BBS

E-spot aka Joanna