• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How the hell do i use a torrent link or download ?

DjCao

TRIBE Member
Well, i'd checked this websites with "torrents"of downloads & stuff...
i click on the file, gave me options-choose save- "instant download"....nothing happens..my player doesn't open that link....
go back...chose "save as"....same shit......

so...what should i do ?

confused....
:confused:

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Adam

TRIBE Member
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

You have to download the BitTorrent client.

The BitTorrent files you've downloaded are actually just pointers to other machines..so it's a tiny download. Once you have the client installed, you double-click that file and it will launch the client which downloads the actual file.

And yes, you'll be able to find the Paris Hilton video.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
yeah dude, what he said.

I ran into this last night, saving the file resulted in it being saved as a.torrent file.

Downloading the client gives you a setup similiar (sort of dont hate on me) to Kazaa.

:)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by starr
i keep getting the "problem connecting to tracker" message

any thoughts?

that means the file is probably not being shared any more

starr

TRIBE Member
thanks deep.

i don't think that's it, since labrat just downloaded the conan bit recently.

i think my computer has a firewall up or something like that. even though i thought i disabled it.

i can't seem to navigate around it, i also can't connect to my ftp site ever. i've sort of given up on the transferring data thing until i have time to sort it out later.

meh.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I got an unrelated question, is there a way to sync the video and audio for a tv show that I downloaded? Both the video and audio play, they just don't match properly.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by starr
thanks deep.

i don't think that's it, since labrat just downloaded the conan bit recently.

i think my computer has a firewall up or something like that. even though i thought i disabled it.

i can't seem to navigate around it, i also can't connect to my ftp site ever. i've sort of given up on the transferring data thing until i have time to sort it out later.

meh.

Are you saying you can't disable your firewall? That will definately slow down your Bit Torrent DL rate.

I still agree with deep. That error msg says the file isn't being shared. It could be back up in a few minutes/hours. I'm DL'ing the Conan/Triumph bit as I type.

starr

TRIBE Member
anything i can do to make my downloading faster

should i just stop the file and then start where i left off?

yesterday i was doing it at about 20-40 KiB a second.

today i can't seem to get over 10 KiB a second, but people that are uploading from me are doing it at 30 - 40 KiB a second.

what's that all about?

is it just traffic in my area?

meh.

deep

TRIBE Member
On residential broadband (i.e. cable and dsl) if your upload speed gets saturated then your downloads slow

If you're using shadow's experimental bitorrent client (which is the preferred bitorrent client) , set your connection speed to dsl/cable slow to limit your upload speed

bitchass

TRIBE Member
a bittorent file has links to usually a couple different trackers in it so that if one goes down it can go through a couple different ips to save the groups connection. if you load up a bittorrent and it says connection to tracker failed, just leave it running and it will eventually find the proper tracker.

also realise that any person downloading that file can see your ip address (if you use Shadow's Experimental you can see for yourself by hitting the advanced tab) and report you for copyright infringement.

starr

TRIBE Member
yeah, i just noticed my i.p. out there after i got shadow.

i not super worried about the copyright thing for now. maybe i should be, but can't be bothered.

i wouldn't have to use biotorrect if we had tivo up here....apparently rogers has a knock-off version or is coming out with one soon, but i can't find any good info about it.

bitchass

TRIBE Member
i don't think you have to worry about it for tvshows, but i'm with Telus and received a warning of some sort for downloading a movie.

starr

TRIBE Member
really, wow.

i'll keep that in mind.

yeah, i have rogers cable and if they ever sent me an email about downloading a tv show i'd probably start laughing.

i guess i'll find out soon enough :)

I LOVE BITTORENT by the way.

LOVE IT.

it better not go the way of napster or i'll be pissed.