• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

how safe is your neighborhood?

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
It seems there is a lot of terrible shite goin on these days around the city.

- A girl gets shot in the face on a bus
- A young man gets stabbed inside a club at college/spadina
- a teen gets stabbed trying to stick up for a group of girls

and on and on and on.....

what happened to the festive spirits that should be out this time of year????

just today i almost got punched in the face by some crazy schizoid inside a McDonalds at Yonge and Wellesley.

I live at Yonge and College and I dont like the idea of my girlfriend walking down to my apartment late at nite, even tho she lives at yonge and wellesley.

even tho we r not quite at the detroit "dont stop at red lights" level, im getting a bit concerned with the safety in our city.

whats the safety score of your neighborhood?

Im givin mine a 3/5

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
I truly feel I could walk down my street @ anytime with money hanging out of my pockets and not worry about getting mugged.

<3 Old Forest Hill

pr0nstar :D

deevah

TRIBE Member
i live @ yonge and college...i feel totally safe there...i have no probs walking in that neighbourhood @ any hour

helps that i live next to cop HQ

but yea, there are lotsa crazies in the area...but when i went away on vacation, i missed the crazy guy w/ turret's...had to give him $5 when i got back into town...

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
I truly feel I could walk down my street @ anytime with money hanging out of my pockets and not worry about getting mugged.

<3 Old Forest Hill

pr0nstar :D
i could of done the same thing, naked, blowing fog horns when i lived with the rents up in thornhill.

sk8

TRIBE Member
i don't have a neighbourhood anymore

i don't even have a town

or a paved street!

HOLY CRAP I LOVE "THE COUNTRY"!

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I feel safe pretty much everywhere, if you gonna get fucked with - then its your time to get fucked with, wont matter where you are.
I always walk alone at night n shit, and even hammered out my tree I never really have any problems *knock on wood*, course I generally have a "dont fuck with me buddy cause my shit is more fucked up than yours" look on my face, plus I usually get along really well with the kind of people that cause shit anyway.

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Spiritual_Thang
i could of done the same thing, naked, blowing fog horns when i lived with the rents up in thornhill.
only problem in the 'burbs is those punk-ass kids who watch too much Rap City and think that Ja Rule is "hard".

hahaha

assfaces

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by I_bRAD
I live in the infamous Parkdale.

Never had any trouble. Or even seen much.
in my old place (near yours) there was an empty house down the street being used by drug dealers and hookers....

the police kept sending us notices to watch for "suspicious activity"

migzzzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
i don't have a neighbourhood anymore

i don't even have a town

or a paved street!

HOLY CRAP I LOVE "THE COUNTRY"!
They have internet access in the Country?
:rolleyes:

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spiritual_Thang
just today i almost got punched in the face by some crazy schizoid inside a McDonalds at Yonge and Wellesley.
what happened?

i live at church and wellesley and i feel pretty safe for the most part.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by migzzzz
They have internet access in the Country?
:rolleyes:
i'm at work right now.

and we could get dial up at home if we wanted

and why does that get a rolleyes?

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
My neighbourhood in waterloo is all old people. No student ghetto for me! Actually we live right across from a cemetary so its quiet and relatively safe. Actually my roomate's car window got broken once but that's the worst of it.

migzzzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
i'm at work right now.

and we could get dial up at home if we wanted

and why does that get a rolleyes?
Cause...I enjoy the rolleyes...i'll keep using it until i die :D

deevah

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: how safe is your neighborhood?

Originally posted by janiecakes

i live at church and wellesley and i feel pretty safe for the most part.
that is prolly the safest neighbourhood

if i was a single female living alone - that's where i'd be

migzzzz

TRIBE Member
i'm starting to notice that the East end of T.O. is not as safe as i thought....Queen east (from Broadview to the beaches)

beaker

TRIBE Member
ossington/bloor. i feel quite safe despite the murder that happened the other week and the local hoodlums. maybe i'm off my rocker, but i actually feel less safe around queen/spadina on the weekend with all the drunken meatheads milling about.

Brandon

TRIBE Member
Vandals knocked over a snowman I built with my wife and daughter last night. This neighbourhood's going to pieces.

migzzzz

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: how safe is your neighborhood?

Originally posted by deevah

The GAY Village ROCKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and Serious!!!!!!

I used to live around there....
:D

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I live down at Queen and carlaw which isn't exactly the greatest neighborhood. I'm in close proximity to pawn shops check cashing places and then there is the women at the corner who keeps asking me if "Wann a date" . You can buy drugs pretty much 24/7 and just last week I had a guy offer me some really nice watches while I was doing laundry.

But in two years of living here and seeing the happenings I can honestly say I have only seen one violent confrontation. And it was between drunk people who got out of a limo to duke it out so I can't blame the hood for that.

Reality is the crime is on a downward trend and the city is safer than it has ever been. People have all just universally become a bunch of fucking pussies. They don't help the police when crimes happen in there neighborhoods because they are pussies, and they don't kick assholes off the street or call the police because they are pussies.

I can deal with the assholes out there, but man am I ever sick of the dip shit pussies who just look the other way.

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: how safe is your neighborhood?

Originally posted by deevah

seriously???
of all places u would choose yonge and wellesley?
now that i live here, im calling yonge between wellesley and college the armpit of yonge street.

migzzzz

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: how safe is your neighborhood?

Originally posted by migzzzz
The GAY Village ROCKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and Serious!!!!!!

I used to live around there....
:D
I take that back..
Last weekend i remembered that i got "Jack'd" for $100 from this DRag Queen... The SLut!!!!!!!!
:mad:

afterglow

TRIBE Member
usually only really really bad things happen in my area - like little girls missing and found in ditches.

thank god it doesn't happen often.

(leslie/cummer)