• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How organized is your PC hard drive?

JayBrain

TRIBE Member
ok.. in another thread I posted that I was changning browsers n stuff.. now today I imported my addressbook..

well.. thats one messy situation!

also, thoughout my HD I have random dropped MP3s... wich makes them quite difficult to find.

I don't erase un-wanted emails, so I have over 3000 emails in my inbox.

My MSN Contact list is maxxed out at 150 contacts... and I don't know who half of them are.

There are 30 un-used Icons on my desktop

I have no real photo album from all the pics I have taken.. just folders randomly placed in my documents, on the desktop, or on my website directory

The main reson it's soo messy is because most of the time I'm rushed when I'm doing work and just drop files in the closest place to the cursor.

:D

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
i have 1 icon on my desktop...
everything else is in the dock, or on the menu bar....

oh, wait...I'm on a mac.

I do reccomend disk warrior for help cleaning and organizing when things get too confusing.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
mine is pretty anal to be honest, but my home system has 8 machines and over 20 drives.

everything is nested in little directories of shortcuts that lead the real directories. I drop stuff on to the desktop and then sort it down later.

Never install directly from a download, never install to the default directory.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I have about 300 icons on my desktop and hard disks rammed with all manner of things I think I will use some day. I am a pack rat.

In the basement I have boxes and boxes of vintage software On original floppies! Corel 1 Photoshop 1,... and other such gems.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Astroboy
i have 1 icon on my desktop...
everything else is in the dock, or on the menu bar....

oh, wait...I'm on a mac.
Same here, and I'm NOT on a mac. :p

jus me

TRIBE Member
Very organized...only a couple icons on my desktop and programs that I use. I can't stand a messy computer. And I have no qualms about deleting shit I don't need/use. Same thing goes with stuff in my apartment.

I've been told I should switch to Mac, cause apparently my desktop 'looks' like that of a Mac user. :p

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
4 icons on the desktop

My Computer
My Network
Recycle Bin
The folder where I keep random files I find on the Net.

My quicklaunch bar goes across my whole screen almost.....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
My Computer, Recycle Bin, Network, All Seeing Eye on Desktop.
About 12 things in the QuickLaunch.
D:\FTPSite\ All Organized ;)

pr0nstar :D

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayBrain
also, thoughout my HD I have random dropped MP3s... wich makes them quite difficult to find.

I have no real photo album from all the pics I have taken.. just folders randomly placed in my documents, on the desktop, or on my website directory
:D
For your mp3s, get a program called Advanced Mp3 Catalog Pro. Use Adobe Photoshop Album v2.0 for your photos.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: How organized is your PC hard drive?

Originally posted by Rocky
For your mp3s, get a program called Advanced Mp3 Catalog Pro. Use Adobe Photoshop Album v2.0 for your photos.
i saw a post somewhere about a simular program called whereisit.. i tried it out.. fantastic..

Jay

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
C:\ windows, linux and major MS programs
D:\ extraneous stuff like web graphics and programs downloaded off the net
E:\ MP3s and Videos

and this is my screen...

notice the absence of icons on the desktop and in the system tray.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
You know, I've never really understood the point of having a nice picture as a desktop, since you don't see it unless everything is minimized... which means you aren't doing anything on the computer, except sitting in front of it, and thus wouldn't it make more sense to have a slide show or something?

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
i usually have a picture that changes every minute on my deskstop so it's kinda like a slideshow. i also have lots of pop cans.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
You know, I've never really understood the point of having a nice picture as a desktop, since you don't see it unless everything is minimized... which means you aren't doing anything on the computer, except sitting in front of it, and thus wouldn't it make more sense to have a slide show or something?
The pic wasn't exactly my choice. It comes with the shell's skin.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
C:\ windows, linux and major MS programs
D:\ extraneous stuff like web graphics and programs downloaded off the net
E:\ MP3s and Videos

and this is my screen...

notice the absence of icons on the desktop and in the system tray.
are you using windowblinds? if so, what skin/theme is that? if not, what are you using?

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by PosTMOd
lol

very funny.

it's nice to look at it quickly though... whatever it is that you have as a desktop picture.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rocky
are you using windowblinds? if so, what skin/theme is that? if not, what are you using?
Well bill, after demolishing the unnecessary bits of gyp-rock, we cut out a proper doorway... errr...

I use Aston. The skin itself is called "[techno] No Escape"