• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How old were you when you started Uni?

stryker

TRIBE Member
I know the majority of people started University when they came out of highschool but has anyone here ever gone back fulltime at 24 or up?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
There are so many people at my school who are 25 and up. I've spoken to a few and a lot them have established jobs and vocations but found their lives to be incredibly stagnant. I know one guy who gave up a cushy job to paint and to get a degree in Fine Arts. It's crazy.

But wonderful. You can always do part-time, that's my reasoning if I feel like doing a MA later in life.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by stryker
I know the majority of people started University when they came out of highschool but has anyone here ever gone back fulltime at 24 or up?

college for me!

enrolled when i was 17 :)

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
My uncle went back part time when he was 35 when he was a metro cop. He's never looked back.
It's never too late.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Torso

TRIBE Member
I began full-time studies last year at the age of 24. I've been keeping a job at the same time, which makes it difficult, but I'm doing it all on my own, no loans so far. I'm a little swamped now though, and thinking of droping my schedule to three classes this semester, as I'm working on a research project at work that I'm bound to learn way more from than a classroom can teach me. It sucks being in studies when all my friends are working their 9 to 5 jobs or waiting tables... but I know it's going to be sooooo worth it in the end.

Last edited:

stryker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
There are so many people at my school who are 25 and up. I've spoken to a few and a lot them have established jobs and vocations but found their lives to be incredibly stagnant. I know one guy who gave up a cushy job to paint and to get a degree in Fine Arts. It's crazy.

But wonderful. You can always do part-time, that's my reasoning if I feel like doing a MA later in life.
I dunno. I like my job but I'm getting the almost a year jitters and I still haven't wrote off going back to school full time but Starting at 24 seems like it's a bit too late to be realistic.

tEkKiD....Jesus!! What do you do? Tribe's very own Doogie Howser.

jus me

TRIBE Member
I started when I was 20.

I'm currently in 2nd year, in a 4 year program.

There's many adults in college and university. Funniest story that my roomate's friend told me. They had to do a group project, and the prof has randomly selected the groups. So this one guy complains to her that he's old and doesn't like the youngins. She asks him how old he is, "I'm 20"...she then tells him that she's 35. Promptly he shut his trap.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mcbee

TRIBE Member
went to university when i was 19, graduated, worked for two years and went back to college for a 2 year diploma at 25. it was the best.

:)sarah

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by stryker

tEkKiD....Jesus!! What do you do? Tribe's very own Doogie
Howser.

Printer/Pressman for Canada's second largest printer... Transcontinental Printiing :) graduated from graphic design.... :)

stewart

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Boo

TRIBE Member
I have a cousin who is 17 and will be finished his 1st year of Uni before his 18th birthday in August.

His sister is 21 in 3 weeks, has a B.Comm and is in her first year of a Masters.

The oldest one is 23 with an honours degree in Actuarial Science and has a insanely high paying job with Deloitte and Touche in London.

Thats a smrt family, just noticed that European's start and finish school much younger. And get better jobs at a younger age.

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member

graduated at 18 but took a year off and travelled.

Meh. I'm already planning the next step in school ;)

goteamlawschoolorryerson

(undecided)

~allie~

Moez

TRIBE Member

I know now I should have taken a year off after high school.
live and learn.

I am nearly finished, however. WOOHOO!

...for now, anyways.

Last edited:

Moez

TRIBE Member
YAY! Glad to be back. It's a HELL of a lot warmer here than there, hey?

good-bye -33 degree weather, hello +12!

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I started college when I was 19, switched programs half way through and should be done finally in March!

I don't plan on going back to any form of school for a long long time after this!