• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How often/How much do you drink?

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
I've realised more and more that a lot of my friends (as well as myself) have begun drinking more and more heavily over the years. Do you find this is a trend with your friends as well?

Most nights I have a glass of wine with dinner and about twice a week i find myself consuming quite a bit more and ending up drunk. When I'm getting drunk I tend to drink double rum and cokes (that might explain it :p ) though i do enjoy just a nice glass of wine with a meal. This can vary immensly, over christmas break there were an entire two weeks where I was drunk almost every night, and sometimes (like right now) I'll just stop going out or drinking completely due to my school load.

So, how about you?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
I get pissed up one night a weekend, pretty much every weekend.

Usually between 12-25 drinks in that one night.

Maybe if its nice outside Ill have a couple beers while barbequing outside, but as a rule I don't drink during the week. I see boozin as a weekend thing.

From 20-24 I was drunk every weekend, both nights, so I guess I have actually slowed down the last three years.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
I haven't had alcohol since x-mas, although I'm looking very forward to getting pissed as soon as school's over. I bet I can get drunk off of one drink!
My friends and I used to drink more when we were single and had more time to go out. Now we're all big losers and too busy with school. I've never been a big drinker (big drinker= > 2 drinks >1x/week) for more than a couple months at a time.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
lately i would say i have between five and eight drinks in a week. sometimes i'll have a pint with dinner, or i'll go out for one, but i haven't gotten boozy in quite some time.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
I dont drink a whole lot, of all alterted states to be in, drunk is my least favorite.
Same here. It's fun in small quantities once in a while but overall it's not so hot. I don't care what the epidemiological studies say about the benefits. Maybe if I could have that glass of wine a night without getting tipsy it'd be a different story.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
I dont drink a whole lot, of all alterted states to be in, drunk is my least favorite.

oh for me booze is my favorite buzz in the world.

You know what you are getting every time and it is completely manageable.

It fuels me up on the dancefloor like zee pills do other people.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
How much do I drink? Well, it depends.

Do you want the answer I give my doctor, or the real answer? I've heard that doctors just double whatever number you tell them because they know drinkers will always lie about it. LOL

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Temper Tantrum said:
I've realised more and more that a lot of my friends (as well as myself) have begun drinking more and more heavily over the years. Do you find this is a trend with your friends as well?

Most nights I have a glass of wine with dinner and about twice a week i find myself consuming quite a bit more and ending up drunk. When I'm getting drunk I tend to drink double rum and cokes (that might explain it :p ) though i do enjoy just a nice glass of wine with a meal. This can vary immensly, over christmas break there were an entire two weeks where I was drunk almost every night, and sometimes (like right now) I'll just stop going out or drinking completely due to my school load.

So, how about you?

Thank god the coLLege strike is over! SteLLa & Heinekin were my bestest of friends to help me cope after a long day's work! But now it's back to reading & writing at college with working 32 hours a week as well with no alcohol during the weekdays.

So Ruby, does this mean you're a temporary WhINo just like good ol' Res was? :eek:

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
I used to go out 5-6 nights a week and have at least 5 beers on occasion. So that was minimum of 25-30 drinks a week at a club. If you include pre drinking and the rare postdrinking that's another 10 drinks. So 40 beers a week on average for 5+ years. Wow...I was destroying my body. I've really cut down this year and feel healthier...

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
fav beer = DAB [ the original dortmunder ]

fav liquor = GIN

i drink maybe one night on the weekend with the intent of getting clipped, otherwise i drink beer for the taste and appreciaition of the beverage [ 2 - 3 on a week night cuz beer rules ]

gin is mostly reserved for weekends

[jai]

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
my body can't tolerate alcohol very well at all, so i drink very little now. i smoke more pawt to compensate. ;)

i probably have 2-3 drinks a week, at the most. 'course, there's the occasional night like last night where i have all 3 in one night... whoops!
but that's quite rare for me.

i've never been a big drinker tho - it just doesn't agree with me, and like kaniz - i prefer other states, including sobriety. (i'm such a goodie-goodie sometimes! *chuckle*)

Hamza

TRIBE Member
TT is a drinking machine. She orders me tank fuel and laughs at me when I can't keep up. Then she messes up my hair and calls me fatty fat fat fuck.

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Hamza said:
TT is a drinking machine. She orders me tank fuel and laughs at me when I can't keep up. Then she messes up my hair and calls me fatty fat fat fuck.
[Hamza] you can suck on me i'm intoxicating [/Hamza]

~atp~

TRIBE Member
a) I've decided I like gin.
b) Polish potato vodka is great when drunk straight from the bottle.
c) I drink red wine. Constantly.
d) I have the occasional beer to maintain a proper testosterone balance.
e) I much prefer other substances to alcohol.

soulbrother 10

TRIBE Member
I'm with the non-drinkers. I had my weekends of massive beer consumption from Friday afternoon to Sunday night, but those days are over. My body can't take it anymore. Now I drink maybe 2 - 4 beers per week, depending on how many times I play hockey. Love that after-hockey beer.

I too prefer altered states other than the alcohol haze. I don't need a drug that makes me any clumsier or stupider than I already am. Basically alcohol is a downer. And I'm down enough. If I'm drugging I prefer something that brings me up. Finally, I've lived with alcoholism up close and personal in my own family, and I've seen the damage done by out-of-control boozing.