• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

how much is your monthly cellphone bill?

sugar

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:
january-feb

includes land line numbers to cell numbers too.

I wanted to do this so badly, but I couldn't wait that long....portable numbers are coming soon though.
According to the last issue of Marketing magazine, March 14 is the magic date. I'm hoping for some sweet deals to pop up around then.

X_Door

TRIBE Member
daddyiwantchocolate said:
wtf are you doing with it!!

I have city fido, and it tops out at ~$65/month, unlimited calls.
I also have the Classic City Fido. I have the $10/month text messaging option and the $25/month long distance package. Plus, whenever I am travelling outside of the GTA, there are roaming charges and per minute charges. And, when I am in the USA, the per minute rate works out to almost $1.00/minute inclusive. All in, it's not uncommon for me to ring up ~$200/month.

But then again, I am a phone nut. Within a year, I managed to rack up 10,000+ minutes on my old phone, which I just replaced. Thank the Phone Gods for Classic City Fido!

Last edited:

X_Door

TRIBE Member
xtcfreak said:
my friends bill comes in a couriered envelope, its about 2 inches thick.

He drives truck and talks all day on the phone to keep him company! lol

Jay
He should go old skool and get himself a CB radio and some C&W 8 track cassettes for company. He could save himself a fortune.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
X_Door said:
He should go old skool and get himself a CB radio and some C&W 8 track cassettes for company. He could save himself a fortune.
oh he already has one.. he goes down to the quebec channel and bugs them. 10-4 GOOD BUDDY!

Jay

bitchass

TRIBE Member
I've got a Blackberry 7130 with Telus which adds $60 or so to my plan but it stays pretty much under $200/month no matter how much I use. I've got an old Fido MatchIt plan that gives me 1000 daytime minutes (I use about 2500-3000 total per month) billed per second and overage is only $0.10. All long distance AND roaming on this plan is also billed at $0.10/minute which is a huge money saver and I've never been dinged with anything over that when in the US.

I'd like to spend less money on this but its a neccessary evil for business, and some of the custom apps that I have for the phone have saved me a lot of time.

seeker

TRIBE Member
i've been considering getting a cell phone. this thread has helped me make up my mind. no cell phone for me!