• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How much is too much to see a DJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablo

TRIBE Member
I saw posters for the upcoming Tiesto event at Guvernment or wherever, and noticed that cover is an insane-o $75.

Everyone has shelled out big bucks to attend parties before, and it can sort of be justified if there are multiple headliners, a location that requires sound to be brought in, etc. But, $75 to see one DJ in a big-room club with R&B playing in the next room is just retarded. Even the biggest Syrous/Lifeforce/etc jams were around $40 for advance tickets.

Maybe it's just me getting older, but I think $20 is the maximum I'd pay to see *ANY* DJ. Maybe $30 if it was for a date or something.

When did electronic music become so shi-shi?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
The most I've ever paid to see one act was the Freestylers at System Soundbar when I paid for someone else's ticket on the agreement they would drive. So that was $50.

But these days I would never pay that much for one DJ. If you really like their music buy the CD and rock out with a pair of headphones.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
i wouldnt piss on tiesto if his eyebrows were on fire, if you dont want to overpay, dont go see this clown, and never go to boa

diablo

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
i wouldnt piss on tiesto if his eyebrows were on fire, if you dont want to overpay, dont go see this clown, and never go to boa

Yeah, Tiesto's not my thing either...I was just commenting on the ridiculous cover charge.

And yeah, BOA is retardedly high as well. I remember convincing my buddies to go to the old location (Sonic) one night to check it out. It was a locals night and the cover was $35. We walked away and I never went back. I remember gritting my teeth and paying $35 to see Matt C at Stereo just because I wanted to go to Stereo while I was in Montreal. And it was only $35 because I had a $10 discount pass! $45 to see Matt C (even though he's a stellar DJ) would've been a pisstake.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
i understand they need to make money but some places charge a fuckin arm anda leg
boa was the worst, they had an escalating entry fee...every hour it went up...screwthat noize, i like to party but it doesnt mean i want to be raped at the door

Hamza

TRIBE Member
they charge 75 cause they know the 19 year old gino's from woodbridge will go no matter what.

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
Tiesto at the Docks, totally sold out. people where rushing scalpers for $250 tickets. Im sorry but if you spend $250 to see any DJ especially Tiesto you got major problems.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
$75 for Tiesto is about $73 too much. Wait... How much is parking now?

Anyway, I can listen to that fuckbag for free... thank you soulseek!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I paid 70 or something for teneglia at boa, and didn't even go until he was halfway through his set. I still thought it was worth it, despite the heat and overcrowdedness.

For one DJ I wouldn't pay more than $80 I guess, but once it gets beyond 30 bucks, there better be more than one DJ, or I better be assured that the night is going to be something special (people, venue, extended set, etc).

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I paid 70 or something for teneglia at boa, and didn't even go until he was halfway through his set. I still thought it was worth it, despite the heat and overcrowdedness.

For one DJ I wouldn't pay more than $80 I guess, but once it gets beyond 30 bucks, there better be more than one DJ, or I better be assured that the night is going to be something special (people, venue, extended set, etc).
hahahahahhaahahahahaahha

again
hahahahahahahaha
wtf
you get what you pay for, if you want to see the dj, pay for it
prob i have is highway robbers(hello boa)
you are never going to be able to make sure the club/sound/ppl etc is spot on

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
$75 is a lot. Add in parking, 5 pills, red-bulls and some glow-sticks and your gino-ass is about $200 in the hole. You could buy a new suit at International Clothiers with that kinda money.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Joe Seven said:
$75 is a lot. Add in parking, 5 pills, red-bulls and some glow-sticks and your gino-ass is about $200 in the hole. You could buy 5ive new suits at International Clothiers with that kinda money.
fixed

also dont forgt to add eyebrow/ass/arm/teeth/butt/neck/back hair waxing

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
once it gets beyond 30 bucks, there better be more than one DJ, or I better be assured that the night is going to be something special (people, venue, extended set, etc).

i agree.

i think the most i've ever paid for one dj was danny howells at system which was i think $65? i don't even remember. but it was all you can drink. and danny! ;) :D and it was totally worth it. i don't even like paying more than $20 unless it's someone that i really like.

tiesto, on the other hand - i think not.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
fixed

also dont forgt to add eyebrow/ass/arm/teeth/butt/neck/back hair waxing

True, 5 suits and a full body waxing (+tanning and some cigars). Yet they spend all there allowance on Tiesto!!!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
hahahahahhaahahahahaahha

again
hahahahahahahaha
wtf
you get what you pay for, if you want to see the dj, pay for it
prob i have is highway robbers(hello boa)
you are never going to be able to make sure the club/sound/ppl etc is spot on

I have no idea why you thought my post was so funny.
do some more locaine and explain.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I have no idea why you thought my post was so funny.
do some more locaine and explain.
i will keep your advice and use it when im at my spin class, i laughed cause there is no way you can control anything other than where you go and with whom
if you want to pay crazy mad prices to see someone, dont complain later that he sucked and the price was way too much, cause you paid it and the dj sucking isnt any fault of the promoters..

octo

TRIBE Member
who cares if someone wants to pay $75 to see Tiesto?
it's obviously worth it to them. just like people that pay hundreds of dollars for Leaf playoff tix.

i've paid upto $40 to see a DJ. Maybe more at some point, but i doubt i'll ever pay more than $25 again. if there are live components to the even like vocalists/band/live pa then i'd consider paying more but i know for a fact i can have just as good a time rocking out to a local dj and only pay $5-$10. i'd be willing to pay $20 for lineup of locals that i like at a quality venue.

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
octo said:
who cares if someone wants to pay $75 to see Tiesto?
it's obviously worth it to them. just like people that pay hundreds of dollars for Leaf playoff tix.

i've paid upto $40 to see a DJ. Maybe more at some point, but i doubt i'll ever pay more than $25 again. if there are live components to the even like vocalists/band/live pa then i'd consider paying more but i know for a fact i can have just as good a time rocking out to a local dj and only pay $5-$10. i'd be willing to pay $20 for lineup of locals that i like at a quality venue.

ramble much?

blah fucking blah

Status
Not open for further replies.