• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How much I love writing beats...

Static EQ

TRIBE Member
Sometimes I'm amazed at how deeply I get involved in this process...

I have literally been working on the same track for 2 months solid, almost every night.

Never satisfied, but constantly satisfied with the process. I really believe that the process IS more important than the product.

Advancing, exploring new ideas. Taking old ideas and improving on them.

Hitting walls. Researching, learning, overcoming those obstacles.

Scrapping a massive progression, because one note doesn't sound perfect and starting again.

How often is it that the most frustrating dead-ends turn into the greatest hooks?

Talent? Whats that?

Really?

It's all just ideas. If your vision is true to it's intention, then acceptance is a non-issue. If your vision is acceptance so be it, just dont call it art.

If your vision is accepted and enjoyed, dont forget that it was the vision that took you to that place, not the acceptance.

my 2 C

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
i read this post on the weekend and had to really think about it.... i wanted to reply but wasn't sure how or what to say... because I build tracks like that too.

Not always,........ but I do.

Over the years I've found there are two types of tracks.

1) tracks that require months to complete because of XYZ of issues.

2) tracks you can jam out in a matter of hours.

When I'm learning a new piece of gear, or a new process for making tracks. It can take forever! but once I've got the process down to a science. it's really easy to track.

To clairfy your thoughts.

sometimes the learning involved in making a track is more important then the track itself.

Deus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vveerrgg
Over the years I've found there are two types of tracks.

1) tracks that require months to complete because of XYZ of issues.

2) tracks you can jam out in a matter of hours.
And for some reason tracks made following protocol #2 are a lot better most of the time.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
typically, when someone works for a LONG time on a track, it will end up dripping with said person's individual style, hence it will be more of an acquired taste, yet acquired tastes often taste twice as yummy.