• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

How much do you notice men oogling?

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Elektron and I were at some dirty rest stop on the Ontario Quebec border a few weeks ago, and when we got back to the car he said, "did you even notice those guys in there?" I hadn't. and we got into a conversation around whether women are immune to the heads that turn when they walk by.

Personally if I am "dressed up" I notice, but if I am just in grubbies (like we were that day at the rest stop) I can't even imagine why anyone would stare anyways and I don't even notice.

I suppose women who dress provocatively expect to turn heads - I dress pretty conservatively so I don't know.

So - are you immune to the heads you turn? Do you notice? does it make you feel good, embarassed, shy?

deevah

TRIBE Member
i rarely notice it, dressed up or dressed down....i may notice if the gawking is pretty serious

shen notices it for me and starts giggling cuz the men rarely make eye contact w/ him

my mum notices it and has since i was really young....she got mad at me quite often when i was a teenager and usually i had no clue wtf she was yelling for

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I always smile, no matter what - a compliment is a compliment. I used to get all sour about it and even give attitude, but I realized that is really snobby. I even got "snobby" with Jay, but that had to do with my low self-esteem, because I didn't believe him.

And well, I smile a lot these days. ;)

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Soulster

TRIBE Member
i think i usually notice, but how do you know if you don't notice???

i was walking around today in jeans and a tight turquoise top, but i had no make up on, no heels on, and my hair wasn't especially nice either. who knows why, but i was totally getting stared at like crazy.

i was out with my friend rishi once and he kept telling me that men kept staring at my ass all evening... but i think he was just being paranoid.

and i pretty much always take it as a complement. i know that when i reach a certain age i'm going to stop getting stared at. may as well enjoy it while i can!

Hypnotic

TRIBE Member
I get this happening to me at the most inopportune times! Like today at the gym....I'm out of breath and dripping in sweat when I turn to the side and see this cute dude staring at me from a few ellipticals down....he gives me this shy smile and naturally I give him a dirty look and turn around. I later convince myself that there's no way he was trying to make purposeful eye contact!

I rarely get the stares when I'm all dressed up, in make up and think I look rockin'! Or I never notice if I do....*sigh*

I'm starting to think that there's something to this "natural beauty" thing afterall! :confused:

MeL_Roc

TRIBE Member
I take it as a compliment. However, one day I was out for a run and someone in a car took a picture of me. That was creeeeepy!

peko

TRIBE Member
Correlation between PMS/ hormone release and perverts oggling.

A friend of mine swears that more men cat call and oogle stare at her when she's ovulating, as compared to not.

Sometimes I find this to be true - anyone else ever experience this?

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
there will be some days when i notice a significant number of people staring at me but i can't quite tell why they are looking at me. i immediately think "do i have something wierd on my face?" or "wtf is your problem?" but for the most part, no, i do not notice men ogling, if they are indeed ogling me.

AEGLE

TRIBE Member
I notice some people stare, but i never give it too much thought since I am a bit unusual looking to begin with. So by default men never really "ogle" at me, per say. At least I am not aware of it.

Honestly, I rarely care to notice if in fact they may be ogling or not. It an uncomfortable feeling being watched and i don't care much for that sort of attention.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I think I always notice... but when I'm out with guys, they seems to notice it sometimes when I don't. So I'm sure there are plenty of times I don't see it, or don't recognize the guy's code of oggling

sugar

TRIBE Member
The only times I notice are when they actually make a verbal comment. Usually when I notice people looking at me, I assume that it's because there's something on my face or a bird shat on my head, so then I go into OCD mode and constantly check and re-check.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Don't really notice as men, in Toronto at least, seem more subtle and sneaky (or they just aren't looking at me). Anytime I've been to Europe though, holy eye rape!

marcinm

TRIBE Member
now why on earth would anyone want to oogle a tribe girl?
i don't recall ANY of you being in the SUN. Like ever.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
Yeah, and one is supposed to be proud about being the SUNshine girl? :rolleyes:
well, no, but you should at least be oogleable to be coplaining about how you're getting oogled all the time.

also i guess some poeple can confuse looks of derision/disgust/confusion with oogleing.

chooch

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
So - are you immune to the heads you turn? Do you notice? does it make you feel good, embarassed, shy?
Yes..immune
No...i don't notice at all
I don't feel good, embarassed or anything because as far as i'm concerned..nothing is going on!

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
The only times I notice are when they actually make a verbal comment.
Same here. I pretty much try to avoid eye contact with people I don't know so I'd never notice even if it was happening

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Crazlegs said:
Same here. I pretty much try to avoid eye contact with people I don't know so I'd never notice even if it was happening
dude, I text you when I am doing it, hahahahaha. no seriously, I do.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
when i;m walking down the street... everytime i pass a woman.. regardless of age, size, face or anything.. i was say "hey baby, lookin goooood"

ila

TRIBE Member
There was a period in the winter where I was turning heads on the subway and of course thought it was because I was hot like fiya. Turns out, I had the ipod turned up way, way too high while listening to Daddy Yankee.

I still kind of feel like an asshole about it. Whatever though.