• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

how much do you normally spend in groceries in 1 month?

fear_of_fours

TRIBE Member
doing a budget... just curious...

i shop at dominion and when trying i can spend 150 a month. is this really low? people keep pointing it out and saying it is nuts... i bring my lunch to work too.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

s1k

TRIBE Member
that's not very realistic.

best way to do this is to break it down to your daily consumption...

so 3 meals and cost per meal X30.

i don't think 150$ is enough...specially cause dominion is a rip off. i budget 250-300 and i shop in kensigton. but i eat like a pig.

Poot

TRIBE Member
$200 a month was always the ballpark cost for me, and I don't (didn't) eat a lot of meat when I lived alone.

I have a friend who, together with her hubby, spends at least $200 A WEEK on groceries.

That baffles me.

Perhaps they fashion their food into a hut, and live inside it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
I budget 350-450 a month for groceries. How do you manage to shop at Dominion for groceries and only spend $150 a month!? That is crazy!

Poot

TRIBE Member
Poot said:
I have a friend who, together with her hubby, spends at least $200 A WEEK on groceries.

That baffles me.

Perhaps they fashion their food into a hut, and live inside it.

I should add that they dine out, and buy lunch, quite frequently on top of the $800+ monthly food cost.

:confused:

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
$150 a month is EXTREMELY low.

I think the suggestion from most schools is $350/month. So that's a students budget.

I think our grocery spending (for 2 of course) is around $150/week. We eat well, but not outrageously. We almost always shop at the crappy grocery store to save money.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Ok... that's a little too much.
We definitely spend more because of where we shop (we also eat 5 times a day) but even then, what we spend is quite a lot, comparing to the norm.

But $800+... wow.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I spend about $100-150 a week.

Organic food is not cheap..but well worth it if you ask me. Good food is very important to me.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I cook most of my own food however I often opt for cheaper products over expensive ones (no frills chicken leg quarters average less than 75 cents each) and regularly purchase from No Frills and china town merchents.

I've been able to keep price per meal on average to around $3 per meal based on 3 meals per day (bagels in the morning only cost pennies and most lunches are cheap as well). $300 per month isn't that hard if you ignore whole foods and organic and are willing to cook for yourself instead of buying pre made freezer meals.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
Nope, it sure isn't. The meats is what kills our bill.

you should try killing a hobo at the beginning of the month and freezing most of the meat. should cut down your costs quite a bit.

sugar

TRIBE Member
I spend about $300 a month on groceries. And I've pared down the eating out to maybe $60 per month.

acheron

TRIBE Member
We're a family of four (two adults + 1 4-year old and 1 toddler) ... shopping amounts to between 150-230/week. It all depends on a) the bulk shopping and b) the meat shopping. Either of those add to the bill but ultimately save us over time as we buy in quantity and freeze the extra.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
you should try killing a hobo at the beginning of the month and freezing most of the meat. should cut down your costs quite a bit.
lol

as long as it's organic, chu' kno'?

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:

What about rummies? I caught one out back going though the trash. Are they good eatin's too?