• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How many people still post here?

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Reddit is hugeeeee - you can find any topic on anything. LURVE IT.

I have no idea why I still come on here, considering all the racist threads that are populated and bumped on a weekly basis - hard to crack an addiction.

TRIBE IS GOOD CRACK.

Pros - I have scored:

A pair of technics
Sweet Records
Decent baby mixer
Custom turntable rack
Beastie Boys Tickets
Mixed tapes
Free graphic design book

Discovered 2theBeat - where I met my hearthrob Lady Dana and was shaking when I met her.

Cons:
I've met some really weird guys on here. Involved in some really strange llama drama and got online-stalked by flashy. People can be really nasty on here, I became really nasty to a girl on here. I felt bad, because I embarrassed her and she never ended up posting here again, even though she was a total cunt towards me.

How did I join?

Back in the day, Jelo played at Atlantis in Dubai, we would always sneak into 21+ events - they were throwing out mixed tapes to the crowd and his email was printed on the label.

I finally moved with my family to GTA, I could never figure out where he was spinning. I randomly joined tribe with a stupid username, because I didn't realize I was branding my entire personality based on it. *roll eyes*

I ALWAYS wanted to party with people who loved the same music as I did, this took time - one fine evening, I got invited to an afterparty by a triber. Never happen again, probably because I was too sober. I ended up partying with a lot of Toronto rave and Trance Addict people. Now I barely meet anyone. Partying in Toronto sucks for me.

I've met some really kickass people on here, except for 3-4 guys, none of them really developed into friendships.

Always wanted to have cool gfs. You know? Girls who wanted to check out the same dj and then go dance/party. I think this will happen once I move to Berlin.

Oh yeah, I got invited to an amazing triber's cottage [through another triber ] - indulged the most dreamiest weekend of my life. I should have taken photos. It was the most beautiful cottage I have ever been to.

I have mostly written the good stuff about my Tribe history!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Still, I miss the glory days of the mid '2000s when this place was a feeding frenzy of peeps trying to outdo, outquip, destroy each other. Them's were good times, as far as interwebs are concerned.
I miss Sellycat and ATP and my other friends who talked politics more often here

TO be honest I've considered just stopping posting as things slow down here but maybe its force of habit keeping me around.

Would be nice to get some new blood but unsure how that will happen - we aren't plugged into the Mansion kids very much are we??

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Reddit is hugeeeee - you can find any topic on anything. LURVE IT.
I definitely spend way more time on Reddit for my message board fix.
im here.... but need to catch the reddit craze......
Im on reddit way more than on here, but that is due to it being a source of newness, massive posting user base, and news worth items pop there or on twitter ( which i still loathe and refuse to use/read)

its community is far more embroiled in the reddit cultural construct, jokes, posting , upvotes, downvotes, karma farming etc.

its not a community of posters that know each other the same way tribe does, and while it is an amazing resource, it doesnt provide the same experience.

Tribe has def been slowing down a lot. Not sure i would switch to another board, as i still find the people whom are active here worth chatting with.

Book of Faces allows for communication, and i try to use it for that only, i dont post much about myself other than things that dont pertain directly to my personal life for the most part.

its going to be interesting to see how our social media consolidates over the coming years.

Yer a right good bunch a twats.

Much love from this guy.

diablo

TRIBE Member
I defo still think there's a place for message boards, but I just wish this place was a little more active at times.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I visit a couple of times a week just to read the superheroes thread and form a reliable opinion by going by what every one is hyping then believing the opposite to be true.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
I visit a couple of times a week just to read the superheroes thread and form a reliable opinion by going by what every one is hyping then believing the opposite to be true.
excellent. please let us know how FANTASTIC FOUR is after you see it. we need someone to take one for the team.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
I check it out everyday, mostly for the tv show and movie threads, and for a tiny bit of drama wherever its happening.

<---TRIBE 4 life

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Still check out the board on a daily basis.

I miss the roll calls and corresponding event review the next day. Not to get too nostalgic but I do miss partying in the early 2000's.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
i lurk here, not much posting. In 2009 I got sick, was not here for much for a year or two, came back and it was pretty dead. I understand some big drama happened and people were banned or something... I dunno, I don't really "party" much these days, almost 40 is not the new 20 lol. Life is busy now offline

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I have friends say to me "still on Tribe?" as they are shoulder surfing, I just tell them I come here for the lols.

Jay

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Im on reddit way more than on here, but that is due to it being a source of newness, massive posting user base, and news worth items pop there or on twitter ( which i still loathe and refuse to use/read)

its community is far more embroiled in the reddit cultural construct, jokes, posting , upvotes, downvotes, karma farming etc.

its not a community of posters that know each other the same way tribe does, and while it is an amazing resource, it doesnt provide the same experience.

Tribe has def been slowing down a lot. Not sure i would switch to another board, as i still find the people whom are active here worth chatting with.

Book of Faces allows for communication, and i try to use it for that only, i dont post much about myself other than things that dont pertain directly to my personal life for the most part.

its going to be interesting to see how our social media consolidates over the coming years.

Yer a right good bunch a twats.

Much love from this guy.
I have given reddit a couple different tries. Weird, but i like this lay out better. I realize there is not as much content here, but the reddit lay out doesnt seem to work for me.

I miss the event reviews. It was great to read how the night went.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I lurk bi-weekly and post once in awhile.

This is my favourite board. I know dozens of the posters IRL, although I don't see them often. I also like that people here share a simailar background in music and the....umm....interesting...... way most of us chose to spend our 20's. I couldn't duplicate that on another board.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
I too miss the drama Llama, though most ppl have kids now and don't argue about bad drugs or shitty parties as it isn't a priority. I miss the halcyon days when every thread was ripe for something interesting. I think a lot of forums need to be condensed and some completely gotten rid of. I don't know if Alex is still charging a fee to post an event but I know that has been a major block to a lot of ppl posting about jams since if you didn't pay the vig you got banned. The event reviews have taken a turn for the not even happening, don't know if it is because no one wants to bother with posting about an event they hit or if ppl just aren't hitting events. I think jeffsus needs to hold a jam at his place ;)