• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

how long does a concert usually last - lady gaga?

kuba

TRIBE Member
My wife and her best friend are going tonight to the show and I want to get them a ride there/back, but not sure how long it'll usually last.

2 hours? 3? I couldn't imagine more than 3, but the pre-shows and all that..

Help?

kuba

TRIBE Member
birthday, you know, kinda wanna do better than a cab. I found a guy with an escalade for $150 return so that's just slightly more than a cab and guarantee pickup and drop-off.

but thanks for answering my question!

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Depends on the artist and how many opening acts usually.

Each opening act, give 30-45 minutes (including set up and tear down).

Main attraction, anywhere from 1-2 hours.

This by no means is set in stone but just my observations from working at a large venue back in the early 2000's.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
if you're planning to book transportation for them, the car company should know how to handle concerts and can give you an estimate.

Anyways, I would bank on 3 hours.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i read that lady gaga performs for ~2.5 hours on this tour. add an hour for the opening act and transition. given the 7:30 pm start time, i'd guess the show will end close to 11 pm.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
well, I can understand if you don't want to give them cab money if you're concerned that they might blow it all on crack and male strippers.
Hey, I've seen it happen.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
moved to the " kuba"s how do i spend my loot" thread in 3, 2,

why not check the freaking ticket or the site to see what time it ends big spender

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
moved to the " kuba"s how do i spend my loot" thread in 3, 2,

why not check the freaking ticket or the site to see what time it ends big spender
I've never seen a ticket or sute indicate an end time in my life.

That said, a more fruitful investigation would have been to ask what time the concert ended the previous evening.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
couple older homo friends of mine went to that concert.

and took pot brownies with them.
lol. Can't wait to hear this story in a week or so when i see them again.

acheron

TRIBE Member
"and took pot brownies with them.
lol. Can't wait to hear this story in a week or so when i see them again."

Those brownies must really strong!

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I've never seen a ticket or sute indicate an end time in my life.

That said, a more fruitful investigation would have been to ask what time the concert ended the previous evening.
Usually sites post their set list though and you can usually determine how long each song is plus their opening acts.. so you should be able to estimate a time it will end at.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
"and took pot brownies with them.
lol. Can't wait to hear this story in a week or so when i see them again."

Those brownies must really strong!
they are in their mid 50's. Apparently got the tickets for free. They don't go to concerts. However, they do have tickets to the book of morman in a couple of months. I really wanna go see that high.

lol

dg0425

TRIBE Member
took my daughter. She wasn't impressed with Madeon's opening set.

Saw a guy wearing a dead fox as a scarf. Good times.

She does allot of preaching during the show. Made me wonder if she's always been on the lbqt train or she just uses this segment as her own personal cash cow. Was life really that tough for a straight italian catholic growing up in New York?

videotronic

TRIBE Member
Made me wonder if she's always been on the lbqt train or she just uses this segment as her own personal cash cow. Was life really that tough for a straight italian catholic growing up in New York?
no, but madonna did it so she feels she has to as well

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders