• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How long are you going to live?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
14315_m15.jpg

87 :)

Deus

TRIBE Member
Living to a very old age has become a kind of a catch 22. We have been able to extend life expectancy with advancements in medicine and knowledge, but the quality of life for the last 10 years of life has significantly dropped. So we're living longer lives but we are also suffering more at the ends of them.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
91 years... I think I got good genes - grandma just turned 90, grandad is 88, great grandad lived to 95, great grandma lived to 96. Saw a thing at my grandparent's showing the family tree, there were some long-lived people in the 18th century, one hardy woman I saw there lived past 90 in the 19th century!

erika

TRIBE Member
Tribers get a -10 years just because.
;)

Yes. There are a number of questions they don't ask in that thing ;)

Living to a very old age has become a kind of a catch 22. We have been able to extend life expectancy with advancements in medicine and knowledge, but the quality of life for the last 10 years of life has significantly dropped. So we're living longer lives but we are also suffering more at the ends of them.

Absolutely - years ago a rather elderly gentleman told me "we've got all these extra years to live, but they didn't squeeze them in between 20 and 40; they added them all on the end when we are frail and incapacitated".