• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

How is Dr. Trance?

djsubrock

TRIBE Promoter
you don't hear his voice on the radio anymore. I'd wondered if he is alive and well? sometimes i think back to tripping out to that pink panther track or simon and garfunkel...

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
you don't hear his voice on the radio anymore. I'd wondered if he is alive and well? sometimes i think back to tripping out to that pink panther track or simon and garfunkel...
Definitely keeps busy! He's done lots of commercial TV work, as well as voice overs and theatre (community/small scale) work .

I think he's performing in musicals.
He does more standard theatre then musicals.

acheron

TRIBE Member
in aboot 10 years or so Don will be the Casey Casem of the electronica world, spinning the top-40 retro dance hits...

"let's take it back to 1993-4 when little Richie Hawtin from Windsor called himself Plastikman and got all the kids dancing to a new sound! He had a big hit with "Spastik" in 1994 which I'll play for you in a moment but first, here's Commander Tom with "Are Am Eye?"

Brandon

TRIBE Member
in aboot 10 years or so Don will be the Casey Casem of the electronica world, spinning the top-40 retro dance hits...

"let's take it back to 1993-4 when little Richie Hawtin from Windsor called himself Plastikman and got all the kids dancing to a new sound! He had a big hit with "Spastik" in 1994 which I'll play for you in a moment but first, here's Commander Tom with "Are Am Eye?"
I'd listen to that show.

Dr Trance

TRIBE Member
Indeed I'm still around and doing a fair amount of voice work (Tim Hortons, Featherlite Ladders, JB Goodhue work boots, plus narrating a show on The History Channel called Air Aces) and some on camera work as well as a bunch of stage shows...mostly musicals. Check out Don Berns as Edna Turnblad in Hairspray - YouTube for a good laugh.
I'm also a member of two active sketch comedy troupes, Radio Project X and The Canadian Space Opera Company, both of whom have T.O. and Hamilton shows coming up soon (friend me on Facebook under Don Berns if you want to know more about any of these shows).
And I still play the occasional set (I played Evan G's Boxing Day party at Footwork and I play Pride's Dirty Disco stage...moving back to Sunday night this year!...with Jelo, Deko-ze, Adam K, DJ:TK and Robb G.
As for the retro dance hits on the radio...well, I'd rather go back to my earlier cfny-roots, but hey-I'm open to anything except dead dog dedications lol.

Thanks for asking.