• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How fast are your torrent download speeds?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am just wondering how fast are your download speeds if you are a Rogers or Sympatico customer and what torrnet client are you using?

I am using Bitcomet .67 with encryption and gettig about 47kB tops... Is that normal?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Sleepy Giant said:
Depends on how well the torrents are seeded. Sometimes they are ultra slow, sometimes they are 400kbps fast.

these are very obscure tv shows from the 70s with few seeds so i guess that is why...

zoo

TRIBE Member
the 1720 thing makes no difference to me lately in hamilton (cogeco), i get the same speeds at whatever arbitrary port i choose as long as the port is fowarded correctly on my firewall(s) and i have packet encryption turned on ... and i unthrottle my speeds but still keep it at reasonable levels so that i don't bog myself down

same with my recent trials in brampton (rogers) and mississauga (sympatico)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

d.code

TRIBE Member
Im still using 1720- but i dont know if that is doing anything these days. I get speeds around 40-60 on torrents with low health and up to 400-500 on torrents with lots of health.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
these are very obscure tv shows from the 70s with few seeds so i guess that is why...

The Greatest American Hero? Fall Guy? Sanford and Son? That would be awesome. Although some of the TV shows from the 70's were better left there.

zoo said:
the 1720 thing makes no difference to me lately in hamilton (cogeco), i get the same speeds at whatever arbitrary port i choose as long as the port is fowarded correctly on my firewall(s) and i have packet encryption turned on ... and i unthrottle my speeds but still keep it at reasonable levels so that i don't bog myself down

same with my recent trials in brampton (rogers) and mississauga (sympatico)

How would someone(me) using Windows Firewall match the port being used for utorrent's encrypted port?

Also, what's the diff in numbers when it reads 14(59) for seeding? The site will say 59 seeders. Or should I not trust the site and only my client?

zoo

TRIBE Member
that means you're connected to 14 out of the 59 people that are currently seeding

i turn off winblows firewall and have recently turned of zonealarm too

i dunno, my router seems to be handling things relatively well for now

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Aerius Zension said:
How would someone(me) using Windows Firewall match the port being used for utorrent's encrypted port?

A
I had Windows Firewall active when I installed uTorrent, so the first time I ran it, it gave me the Warning that the app was trying to access the Internet, and gave me a choice to allow or deny this application access. I chose allow, and never had to specify the port. It matches whatever port you have setup in UTorrent (whether you have encryption enabled or not). Haven't had any problems. Healthy torrent = speeds up to 400kb/s, unhealthy = 40-50kb/s.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders