• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How easy is it to jump from Cubase/Nuendo to Protools?

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
I need to learn Protools.. fast. But I'm only really well versed in Nuendo 2, a little Live, some Reason, too.

What's the transition like.. is it pretty much the same principle at work (linear sequencer made up of Audio and MIDI channels), or am I going to have to start with the basics? Any help appresh'd..

Last edited:

beaker

TRIBE Member
it operates on similar principles. if you're using it for midi sequencing, you'll probably just be frustrated with it though...

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
so would you say, it's more of a multi tracker than a sequencer (like the old SAW programs, for example)?

Basically, I need to put a demo together, and submit it as a protools file. So I'm wondering.. would I use PT to do all the complex/creative work like I would Nuendo, or really just use it mainly to layer the audio tracks and mixdown, master, etc..?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

beaker

TRIBE Member
yeah i would probably do it all your midi stuff and processing in nuendo and print your tracks and import them into pro tools.