• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

How easy is it to cancel a Goodlife gym membership?

Blacksmurf

TRIBE Member
I've been going for 2 years, however I'm moving. Is it easy to cancel the membership, or do they make it pretty difficult?

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
do you plan on doing it without getting charged a fee?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

alma

TRIBE Member
Does anyone remember in the last episode of Family Guy where Stewie almost gets sold on a gym membership? "Uh, just so you know for next time ... you came on a little strong."

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Call your Goodlife and get there fax number...
I had to send a fax with my membership number, date, signature and a reason as to why I was cancelling... I cancelled due to moving as well. My minimum contract period was a year, and I cancelled after two...
I would call the manager and ask, shouldnt be too bad...
I only cancelled about a week ago, so Im not sure if $$ will still be coming out of my account.
Good luck.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I was a member at the downtown Goodlife for about a year or so. When I found a job out of the city and had to quit the Goodlife, I was told I just had to give them one month's notice. The auto-withdrawals stopped exactly after the next month was paid off.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djdeposit
My guess is that they will charge you for a year

If you have been there for more then your contract period I dont think they can charge you for an additional year... Read your contract first - know exactly what you can do before speaking with them...
If your payments come directly from your bank account, you can have the bank stop payments...
Itmay cost you a little bit.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I'm looking at my membership agreement for The Athletic Club right now.

Authorization for maintenance fees may be cancelled after the contract period by the undersigned giving 30 days written notice prior to the next withdrawal date. If a membership has been valid for a period longer than 12 months, and the member has paid last month's dues when joining, the member will be entitled to 60 days use of the facility after the last withdrawal. Last month's fees cannot be used as 30 days notice.