1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

How easy is it to cancel a Goodlife gym membership?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Blacksmurf, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Blacksmurf

Blacksmurf TRIBE Member

I've been going for 2 years, however I'm moving. Is it easy to cancel the membership, or do they make it pretty difficult?

2. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

ive heard they take your first born...

3. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

you'd have better luck finding Osama

4. djdeposit

djdeposit TRIBE Member

do you plan on doing it without getting charged a fee?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

5. IgStar

IgStar TRIBE Member

you may as well just castrate yourself now and get it over with.

6. alma

alma TRIBE Member

Does anyone remember in the last episode of Family Guy where Stewie almost gets sold on a gym membership? "Uh, just so you know for next time ... you came on a little strong."

7. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

Call your Goodlife and get there fax number...
    I had to send a fax with my membership number, date, signature and a reason as to why I was cancelling... I cancelled due to moving as well. My minimum contract period was a year, and I cancelled after two...
    I would call the manager and ask, shouldnt be too bad...
    I only cancelled about a week ago, so Im not sure if $$ will still be coming out of my account.
    Good luck.

8. djdeposit

djdeposit TRIBE Member

My guess is that they will charge you for a year

9. groovespinna

groovespinna TRIBE Member

this is why I dont work out.
    well, this and all the other reasons.

10. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

I was a member at the downtown Goodlife for about a year or so. When I found a job out of the city and had to quit the Goodlife, I was told I just had to give them one month's notice. The auto-withdrawals stopped exactly after the next month was paid off.

11. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

If you have been there for more then your contract period I dont think they can charge you for an additional year... Read your contract first - know exactly what you can do before speaking with them...
    If your payments come directly from your bank account, you can have the bank stop payments...
    Itmay cost you a little bit.

12. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

I'm looking at my membership agreement for The Athletic Club right now.