1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

How do you treat your ex girlfriends?

Discussion in 'Guys Stuff Forum' started by alexd, Sep 27, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Personally, I am friends with all my exes, but I don't hang out with them. I name my bikes after some (currently riding Betty Jo and Catherine), and the TRIBE servers after others (Ashley and Oksana were upgraded yesterday).

2. TRO

TRO TRIBE Member

My ex ex girl I'm good friends with and my ex girl I'm very bitter with as she essentially dumped me on the phone while visiting her family in BC and "..hates Toronto"

at the time it felt like that scene in apocalypse now where he reads the letter that says "sell the house sell the kids I'm never coming home"

the funny thing is though, in my sad and sullen state my ex ex has been very supportive and we're going out for a "dinner date" this week

Most of my other ex's have been on a friendship basis but this last one...maybe it's still so fresh (2 months now single) has been rough. One minute I want to call her and beg her to take me back. Another day I'm sick of the thought of her.

thank you for letting me vent by the way:p

3. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

Friends with most of them except the crazy ones. Well some of the crazy ones.

4. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Friends with the most recent, got one from years ago on Facebook, lost touch with all the rest.

5. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

My ex and I are still friends. He was buying my drinks all night when some random asked if he was my husband.

him "I cheated on her, but she helped me through a coke addiction. i trust this woman with my life."

me "he was a terrible boyfriend. i dumped him, but we're friends. he was invited to my wedding. he's a really great friend to both me and my husband, actually."

and that's that.

his girlfriend and i are like sisters.

6. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

My ex-husband and I are still friends. We talk once in a while, but he's definitely not part of my every day life. Our divorce was very amicable, as we both were on the same page and agreed it was the best thing for both of us.

None of my breakups were bad, I just don't think there is a need for any of that... if things don't work out, there is no point in forcing anything or hating the other person. Will I talk to them if I run into them? Sure. Will I go out of my way to connect, and spend time with them? No... not really.

7. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

I don't talk to any of my exes.

One added me on FB and I asked why. She said that it's been several years since she cheated on me and pretty much put the onus on me to forgive and forget. I told her to eat (another) dick.

I'm not a bitter guy and am ultra easy going... I dunno why I don't talk to my exes. Just one of those, "it is what it is" sort of things. Not conscious or deliberate... just is.

I've had a habit of dating crazies though... soooo... yeah, that might have something to do with it lol

8. deep

deep TRIBE Member

these are the kind of things you guys say to a random stranger in casual conversation?

9. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

looooooooooooooooooool

T.M.I!

TEE!! EMM!! EYE!!

10. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

That's a bit weird

11. octo

octo TRIBE Member

i treat them however they want to be treated.

if any ex called me and wanted to go for dinner or drinks i would meet up with them.
    last time i went out with an ex it we had a good time. it made me wish it had worked out.

if an ex doesn't want to talk to me that's fine too. i saw an ex at an LCBO a while back. she must have seen me before i saw her because as i turned and saw her, she quickly turned away and pretended not to see me. that's fine. i'd run into her quite a few times in the past and we'd exchanged hellos. i don't know why she wouldn't want to say hi anymore but, whatever.

if an ex adds me to facebook and never sends one message online that's fine. i have no problem with her creeping.

i'm pretty easy going. as far as i know i haven't given any ex's a reason to be disgruntled. except for one. it wasn't my fault. her friends lied to her and put her in an embarassing situation, but she probably holds it against me.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  12. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

I'm cool with my exes. (It takes time though.)

One even described me as her best friend to another gf (of hers). I even introduced two of them to each other.

But most of my friends are female.

It's almost easier to be friends with somebody you've slept with than not.
    You fuck them and they get angry. But if you don't fuck them, they get even angrier.

13. derek

derek TRIBE Member

they all cut me off. actually, i'm fairly indifferent and never really made any effort to contact them. if i see them around we'll do the cordial chat thing for a minute or two.

to be honest, it don't really care what they are up to. i'm very happy in the now.

14. derek

derek TRIBE Member

lol...all the poor guy asked is if he was the husband, and he got 'requiem for dream' as a response.

15. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

I have a good ex and an evil ex. They are treated accordingly.

16. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

I really only have one ex gf. I dated 2 other girls in my life but outside of my fiance I have only had one other real girlfriend.

I treat her well whenever I see her. We are in different cities now and both engaged so we don't see much of each other. When we broke up it was mutual so there was no bad feelings.

However, if a girlfriend cheated on me I would most definitely never speak to her again. I have zero tolerance for that shit. Break up with me no matter how bad it may be and then go on your fuckfest!

17. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

lol can you imagine?
    Hey... how are you? Are you having fun tonight?

Yeah, I am - can I tell you about my ex?

18. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

I cut them off. Their loss.

Two tried to come back.

19. derek

derek TRIBE Member

that happened to me. not fun at all. to be honest, she was good enough to tell me herself, rather than me finding out elsewhere. i'm not condoning it, but people do stupid stuff sometimes. we broke up because i couldn't trust her, but other than me being upset, their were no feelings of true animosity.

i'd talk to her (we've bumped into each other several times). i hold no grudge.

20. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

When sitting around a birthday party table in a pub, with alcohol involved, yes. Lots of TMI comes out when you're drinking ;)

21. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

Kind of does seem funny when you put it that way. I heard enough shit about that dude's life that night, so I never thought anything of it at the time (happened a couple of weeks ago).

22. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

It really depends how much I liked them when I was going out with them.

If I liked them alot - then seeing them again brings back some unwanted feelings - as I tend to fuck up EVERY relationship. These girls also tend to be the most bitter towards me, and me of them.

If however, she was a girl that I was vaguely interested in, but dated for the sake of steady sex n' such (which, sadly happens frequently), then we can be great pals.

And of course, there is the one case where the girl actually fucked it up - and I won't even breathe her name so long as I live.

23. keline

keline TRIBE Member

I don't even know what I would think if I found out that one of my ex's had named his bicycle/another inanimate object after me and regularly referred to it using my name.. that's pretty creepy.

24. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

i've been lucky to get along with 99.5% of my ex bf's... not awkward when i see them or their friends, no hard feelings or ill will. and thank god, because i really need that after dealing with one fucked up asshole.

but i won't let one asshole ruin it for them all.

25. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

and its totally odd to name objects after ex's...