• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

how do you s p e l l KAREOKE?

Cri

TRIBE Member
:p

So I went to a bar yesterday that was having a kareoke night. :D

I swore I wasn't going to sing..but I did. OHHH I did. :eek:

It's almost infectious..looking through those pages of songs..how can you NOT sing.

I definetley noticed some pretty hardcore kareoke singers..gettin really into it. hehe...interesting characters too..
a few looked a little middleaged white trashy..but surprisingly good singers.

And a lot of the people knew each other..it's like a little subculture :p :p

So who here Kareoke's. Come on it happens sometimes? right? ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Karaoke is my most loathed human pastime. If my friends don't want me to go out with them they tell me they're going karaoke singing. I hate it soooooo much.

A couple of my friends got to know the lady who was running this weekly event. She was aparently the Oakenfold of the Toronto scene. People would follow her around town. There were loyal fans who always sang the same songs and she knew what key and tempo they liked. It was insane!

juice

TRIBE Member
A friend of mine used to run the Karaoke night at the Peel Pub and it was pretty lame. He said the same people would come out and do the same tunes. They'd actually practice at home and everything so that they'd appear to be really good, they'd incorporate dance moves and everything. They'd then go to different Karaoke nights and do the same songs, it was like this crazy cult. Karaoke is supposed to be about getting drunk with your friends and making an ass of yourself, not some Canadian Idol audition.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
The one time I went to Karaoke, it was in Peterborough. Stumbled on it happening at a coffee shop we often frequented. It was so awesome because of the hardocre people. They all were friends and were going nuts.

We sat in the back and soaked it all in.

chooch

TRIBE Member
i agree about the sub-culture of regulars that this attracts. one of my friends goes out 2 nights a week without fail to sing his heart out with people that he has gotten to know over the years.

i like it once in a while...i've been "ejected" from a popular karoke spot once. *sigh* it was mucho fun!

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Cri
hey dr. funk :) wanna find somewhere to go bukakakakroeroke-ing tonight?

cuteye.gif

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I never really liked Karaoke until I went to asia. But its so much fun. Especially in Japan where you rent a private room for an hour or too and it includes unlimited booze.

I'm going to find a place and do that on my Birthday.