• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

How do you post tracks on beatport?

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
DJAlchemy said:
but seuss, I can see how the comment about profit could be misinterpreted or sound offensive to someone who isn't making much money.
sure, i can understand how it could be misinterpreted.. i just don't respond well to unnecessary snarkiness. :)

jakt

TRIBE Member
you have to be concerned with profit, because the LABELS are concerned with profit.

if you want to get signed, its up to the label. and if you arent economically viable, you won't get signed. its that easy.

from what i understand beatport is undergoing some housecleaning. the labels have to sell a monthly amount to be listed. that should take care of a pretty big cross section of utter shite thats posted.

d

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
daayum;
didn't know beatport was going through a good sweeping.

all contentions aside,
i really thought, after all these years trying to pump out good dance music; it was getting recognized enough (through production) to DJ. Maybe i'm wrong, but i think a producer makes way more money from playing out records/mp3's/whatever than his musical productions.
It's kinda sad that it's now going to be harder to push your music to the masses, but business is business, and labels are hard asses when it comes to selection :S

jakt

TRIBE Member
RumRogerz said:
daayum;
didn't know beatport was going through a good sweeping.

all contentions aside,
i really thought, after all these years trying to pump out good dance music; it was getting recognized enough (through production) to DJ. Maybe i'm wrong, but i think a producer makes way more money from playing out records/mp3's/whatever than his musical productions.
It's kinda sad that it's now going to be harder to push your music to the masses, but business is business, and labels are hard asses when it comes to selection :S
i'd say its more of a combo of djing/production that gets the sales. if all you do is dj, you get X, and if you write, you get Y. if you do both you get (.)(.)+$=:)

d

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
thats what i was implying. I'm just saying, all in all, yes the music will make him enough money; but im sure if you get a good reputation, the djing will start paying just as, and quite possible even more so than producing. Unless you're an A-list electronic producer. Damn those talented bastards :)

jakt

TRIBE Member
i'd venture to say that most high end touring DJs make more $$. and guys like me get small royalty checks :(

also, i'd just like to post this again - (.)(.)+$= :)

this is the equation for happiness.
haha,
d