• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How do you get rid of a skunk?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
So I noticed a dug out area next to my shed in the summer and thought maybe it was a racoon living there. I filled in the area wit rocks and soil. After it was dug up a few more times I put a garden hose in there and ler 'er rip a few times. But now i see who is actually living under my shed and that all my effort in the summer had no effect.

What should I do? Anybody got a black cat and some white paint they can lend me?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
It's HARPER!

Alex, we have a bunch of neighbourhood skunks.

The way to get rid of them is to spray her den. Skunks do not like wet places. It worked for me.
As well, keep some fake plastic snakes around. Skunks don't take chances with those. They'll start looking for a new place to go.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

acheron

TRIBE Member
good luck with that - we have one (maybe more) in our patch of the neighborhood and it gets in fights with the alley cats all the time... every other night the stink is on when he's in the area. Aside from bundling chicken wire under the shed to keep it out, you could try putting some warfarin in there to kill it.

note: "[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Using body gripping traps or placing poison could result in criminal charges and/or provincial charges with fines up $5,000." (that's from the city of toronto site)...

... although I doubt your neighbours will complain if you 'deal with the problem'.
[/FONT]

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Here's a recipe for homemade skunk repellant that sounds like it might contain the same ingredients as the stuff you're using, Jennifer:Mix together one chopped yellow onion, one chopped jalapeno pepper and one tablespoon of cayenne pepper. Boil ingredients for 20 minutes in two quarts of water. Then let it cool, strain the mixture through cheese cloth. Apply with pesticide sprayer or spray bottle.

http://www.modernman.com/forums/DCForumID22/10.html

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I will try water first (it must suck in the winter). If that fails I have some habanero chilli powder, i am going to try spinkling that around. If that fails I am going to run some speaker wire out there and place trance at him through a small speaker 24/7 until he departs.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
I am going to run some speaker wire out there and place trance at him through a small speaker 24/7 until he departs.
If you play anything but Tiesto, it's gonna get stabby around here PDQ!!!!!!

:mad::mad:

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I think he has a girlfriend under my front porch - i see tracks going back and forth... WTF I go away for a few months and the place turns into shunkibiza.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
maybe i can print a picture of this guy and post it outside the entrance to his din:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
1) stop giving her drugs
2) jerk off before you make the decision to call her over for sex
3) introduce her to your desperate friends

... oh wait, I thought you said "How do you get rid of a SKANK."

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
If that fails I have some habanero chilli powder, i am going to try spinkling that around. If that fails I am going to run some speaker wire out there and place trance at him through a small speaker 24/7 until he departs.
Think the Chili will work.. Don't know about the trance though.. He may like it and decide to stick around ;)

annec

TRIBE Member
I have a big jar of cayenne, AlexD. You can have it. Just add the other stuff and wow, HOT party for skunk(s)!

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
someone came over the other day and almost PET a skunk, thinking it was a cat.
I did that/sorta.. Sitting out on my porch reading a great book..and the downstairs cat came up to visit..

Was petting him with my foot. Looked down.. Wasn't a cat. A raccoon!

I screamed. It ran away! Too bad, I should have kept it up. He seemed to be liking it..

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
alex, how is it that you have bats in your washing machine was it?

skunks living underneath you, and was it a squirrel or a raccoon problem, or was that trinity dub?

rodentia of land and air have come at you, next....

water rodents ....:eek:

[jai]

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
I should ask my sister. This is the sort of thing she does for a living is dealing with wildlife of Ontario. She knew the shit to put together to kill the odour of skunk when my dog got sprayed in the face and eyes. It worked pretty fast to neutralize it.