• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How do you deal with annoying co-workers?

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
I know what some of you are gonna say..."kick his ass!" right? Well unfortunately under the emasculating conditions of corporate North America, that kind of stuff is not appropriate at work.

So this guy is a hardcore vegan. Now normally, I wouldn't be judgemental about that, but I can't eat anything in front of this guy without being scrunitized and it's fuckin annoying.

He's so petty and he follows the other guys around like a lost puppy. He's the kind of guy that has absolutely no balls to say anything unless he's surrounded by his peers.

In the past he's made some pretty outlandish and mildly racist comments towards me and my boss.

If we were kids and this was a school yard, his ass would be grass.
 

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Just completely ignore him

like, don't even avert your gaze when he says stupid stuff

he'll go away, trust.
 

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
HR wouldn't care. It's not like he's stealing or sexually harrassing anybody.
He's making you and your boss uncomfy, that's enough of a reason for them to care.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
If you value your job, maybe politely take him aside one day at work and simply tell him what he says, and does that bothers you. If he has any sense, it should stop. If it continues, follow the chain of command and company protocol.

That being said, if he is simply cracking bad jokes, maybe strike one back and dig up some research on how bad vegan diets are, yadda yadda.

If its an ass kicking he is looking for, be careful, often skinny guys fight tell their butter. Long reach too!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
Just completely ignore him

like, don't even avert your gaze when he says stupid stuff

he'll go away, trust.

You know, people often say that, and I often wonder how effective it is. I always think, people are like children, they'll do whatever they can get away with.

I think if you just ignore it, you're giving people the idea that it's ok to carry on with whatever it is that they're doing.

All throughout my childhood, I was found myself in similar situations, and in every situation, a good swift ass kicking was what eventually shut them up.

I know it's not the way to live your life, but you often have to wonder....
 

kuba

TRIBE Member
Fight fire with fire if HR doesnt care.

For everytime he makes a remakr that you eat meat, say the same about him and his vegan practices. Do all you can to find him in a hypocritical position (wearing leather etc) and point out those flaws at the most opportune of times. Mail him dog shit to his desk (I did that to a former college professor) with a note saying that his points of view are not appreciated. Even better: steal his identity... get his sin number address dob and youre out to lunch (check your recent copy of WIRED magazine on how to do this, its so easy its not even funny you just gotta know the system. use his ID to get yourself a credit card, and fuck his credit up)

Some people dont learn, so you gotta use tactics normally not considered "ethical".
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
try this

MR. FURIOUS: That's the last time, Vegan. That's the last time you ever make me look bad in front of those co-workers, do you hear me? I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home and I'm not about to throw it away on some punk like you... But someday, man, someday. When you're outta here and you've forgotten all about this place... And they've forgotten all about you and you're wrapped up in your own pathetic life...I'm gonna be there. That's right. And I'm gonna kick the living shit out of you, man. I'm gonna knock your dick in the dirt!

VEGAN: Are you threatening me?

MR. FURIOUS: What're you gonna do about it? You think anybody's gonna believe you? You think anybody's gonna take your word over mine? I'm a man of respect. They love me around here, I'm a swell guy ... you're a lying sack of shit! And everybody knows it. Oh, you're a real tough guy ... come on, come on ... get on your feet, pal! Let's find out how tough you are! I wanna know, right now, how tough you are! Come on! I'll give you the first punch, let's go! Come on, right here, just take the first shot! Please, I'm begging you, take a shot! Come on, just take one shot, that's all I need, just one swing...

That's what I thought. You're a gutless turd.

(that will teach him for real.)
 

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
Fight fire with fire if HR doesnt care.

For everytime he makes a remakr that you eat meat, say the same about him and his vegan practices. Do all you can to find him in a hypocritical position (wearing leather etc) and point out those flaws at the most opportune of times. Mail him dog shit to his desk (I did that to a former college professor) with a note saying that his points of view are not appreciated. Even better: steal his identity... get his sin number address dob and youre out to lunch (check your recent copy of WIRED magazine on how to do this, its so easy its not even funny you just gotta know the system. use his ID to get yourself a credit card, and fuck his credit up)

Some people dont learn, so you gotta use tactics normally not considered "ethical".

Um, which issue of Wired magazine?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
Re: try this

Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
MR. FURIOUS: That's the last time, Vegan. That's the last time you ever make me look bad in front of those co-workers, do you hear me? I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home and I'm not about to throw it away on some punk like you... But someday, man, someday. When you're outta here and you've forgotten all about this place... And they've forgotten all about you and you're wrapped up in your own pathetic life...I'm gonna be there. That's right. And I'm gonna kick the living shit out of you, man. I'm gonna knock your dick in the dirt!

VEGAN: Are you threatening me?

MR. FURIOUS: What're you gonna do about it? You think anybody's gonna believe you? You think anybody's gonna take your word over mine? I'm a man of respect. They love me around here, I'm a swell guy ... you're a lying sack of shit! And everybody knows it. Oh, you're a real tough guy ... come on, come on ... get on your feet, pal! Let's find out how tough you are! I wanna know, right now, how tough you are! Come on! I'll give you the first punch, let's go! Come on, right here, just take the first shot! Please, I'm begging you, take a shot! Come on, just take one shot, that's all I need, just one swing...

That's what I thought. You're a gutless turd.

(that will teach him for real.)

YOu have either

1. watched too many hollywood overacted movies

or

2. missed your calling being a screenwriter in those! hahahaha

:D
 

kuba

TRIBE Member
page 44 issue february. theres an indian woman on the cover.

we deal with id theft all the time, and ive realized how many peoples' credits get fucked cuz of it.
 

~NoCo~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
I

So this guy is a hardcore vegan. Now normally, I wouldn't be judgemental about that, but I can't eat anything in front of this guy without being scrunitized and it's fuckin annoying.


sorry to say this but now maybe you know what it feels like to be a vegan...

being a vegan myself i'm not sure if i have EVER eaten a meal with someone where did didn't critisized my beliefs or make fun of me to an annoying degree.....i have heard every vegan joke in the book, every insult, every fucking "mmm, i am going to eat my big juicy steak..." over and over and over....

and i have never once in my entire life tried to push my beliefs to anyone and never once in my entire life critisized anyone for eating meat or told them it was 'wrong'.....

although this doesn't help your problem, i find it rather ironic to see a meat eater getting anoyed with endless comments from a vegan....

S.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
?

I fail to see the irony. I could see Mr.Furious had directly made comments about being vegan to you, that it would be ironic.

If you get annoyed by comments about being a vegan, can't you see how the same thing reversed would be just as annoying?
 

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
You should bring one of those shitty 10 minute microwave roast beef thingys to work and then offer it to him saying it's a glutton roast.

that'll show that vegan.
 

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
page 44 issue february. theres an indian woman on the cover.

we deal with id theft all the time, and ive realized how many peoples' credits get fucked cuz of it.

Where can I pick it up around Yonge and Bloor?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top