• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How do you apply for/renew a passport?

I'm about to book my fun spring trip and I realized my Brit passport expires in June.

Question ~1: how do you apply for a Canadian passport? Where? Where can I pick up the paperwork to fill out? What info do you need to get a passport? Citizenship/pic/what else? How long does it take to get canadian citizenship, btw (should work on that too, I guess).

Question ~2: how the fack do I renew my Brit one? I have no idea how I did it last time?!?! I recall sending my old one with new picture and paperwork to Ottawa, but have no idea where to get the paperwork to complete for that one?

Has anyone experienced delays getting passports renewed (due to strict rules after 9/11)?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
I'm about to book my fun spring trip and I realized my Brit passport expires in June.

Question ~1: how do you apply for a Canadian passport? Where? Where can I pick up the paperwork to fill out? What info do you need to get a passport? Citizenship/pic/what else? How long does it take to get canadian citizenship, btw (should work on that too, I guess).
Has anyone experienced delays getting passports renewed (due to strict rules after 9/11)?

you can pick the paperwork at most post offices....they have the address and phone #'s of local offices....i know in hamilton the office is right next to jackson sq...you need a photo id plus proof of citizenship (birth certificate)...if you go in there, take a book...last time i had to wait 3hrs...they usually courier them dircectly to your home withing 7 working days...athough that was pre 9/11

c.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member
if you work or live downtown I suggest going directly to the office on Victoria Street for your CDN passport...you can get it back in five days (or less if you are willing to pay $$$)

as for stricter regulations since 9/11, the only new stipulation is that you provide two references on your application on top of the notary public.

I went through a renewal a few weeks ago and basically landed in Toronto, went directly to the passport office and flew out again the next day...although they certainly don't encourage this and it is expensive, the efficiency of that office is pretty impressive if you have everything in order.

Par- T

TRIBE Member
Thanks will (naw, whabbout the brit one??!)
Try calling the British Consulate for info.
the CAA used to have Brit forms (when I worked for them years ago) but I don't know if they still stock them, give your local office a ring.
Phones are wonderful things, imagine!

-T

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member

$85 for the canadian, $142 for the british FACK FACK FACK.

if you have to get it expedited, it will probably cost more...that's the way it works with the CDN passport anyway. I think I paid $200 but it was totally worth it for the service I got.

good luck

LoopeD

TRIBE Member
Holy shit.

Says if I apply by mail, will receive a passport in 35 days.

Looks like I'll have to apply in person.

:mad: This is just plain irritating.

Have fun. When I got a new one before my trip, I was in line waiting for 4 hours................:(

Not to mention some annoying idiots who have no control of their kids chatting, blissfully unaware of their loud as fuck annoying ugly kids racing each other up and down the aisle screaming.

Course, this was the Mississauga office (Central Pkwy + Burnamthorpe) and Mississauga seems to be riddled with annoying people...........

:)d

Ross, you can go to any blacks, and they do it for you either in b&w or colour. It's kinda nice going there, cause they make sure you don't look like a total dork (like tell you if your hair is sticking up or whatever).

I think mine were 12 bones when I got them for my scuba licence.

I go to the one on the way from Union under BCE.

SHIT I HAVE TO STILL GET THIS DONE. :mad:

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
I change it throughout the day, but it was probably Kiss 92.5 or 103.5.........:confused:

a girl named Valentina won something today, and I thought maybe it could be you, it's not a name you hear every day ;)

AW too bad. No, it wasn't me.

The closest I've been to being on the radio is when the host of the morning show on 102.1 read part of an e-mail I wrote to him (complaining that he was a dick for suggesting that "rodeo fuck" was "ok") and apologised on behalf of the station. He didn't even say my name, but thank god, because it came from my daddyiwantchocolate account. lol.