• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How do we get more young people on Tribe?

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I'm 30 and I feel like I'm the youngest person here.

Need more new blood.

How do we get some of them youth up in hurr?

Or is the current EDM youth too goddamn obnoxious with all their smiling/positivity/optimism/mollymollymolly for us to even want new members?

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
but more young'ins to stir shit up and keep the ol'folks on their toes would do some good. maybe. old people dont like change, loud noises, and look with disdain on 'partying' hahaha

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
forums and topics relevant to the younger generation would be a good start. But that ain't gonna happen with a bunch of old married home owners talking about mortgage payments, their kids and assorting boring stuff.

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
Most young skoolers don't like being told what to do... Especially by oldskoolers.

Back in the day it was a treat to see Alex D, pose for a photo and hope it might be in print on tribe. But everyone has a camera now.. Maybe if there were more designated photographers to snap photos at more events and then post them directly to a tribe gallery, It could then gain some more momentum again. Increase traffic here via photos and hopefully to the board.. Thats is all I can think of.

Obviously a facebook sign it is always helpful. Its the new login of this generation. #my2cents <-- do people still say that? ;)

kuba

TRIBE Member
go on facebook if you want to see young people this is the old and crotchedy section.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
also in addition to the o.p., how do we get young people to start speaking aramaic, or using morse code again?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Does it still cost money to post an event?
I still think this did more harm than good to this board.

Promoters went elsewhere which gave some people reasons to visit other sites, it was a narrow minded short term cash grab IMO

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
Does it still cost money to post an event?
Yes it does. $20 without a tribe logo. $10 without. The ROI stats are out of date. But I don't care. I still list events here on occasion. It's an oldskool respect thing for me. And now after reading that everyone here is like a senior citizen, I'm going to tailor my next event post with that in mind. :)

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Yes it does. $20 without a tribe logo. $10 without. The ROI stats are out of date. But I don't care. I still list events here on occasion. It's an oldskool respect thing for me. And now after reading that everyone here is like a senior citizen, I'm going to tailor my next event post with that in mind. :)
hah

stryker

TRIBE Member
I still think this did more harm than good to this board.

Promoters went elsewhere which gave some people reasons to visit other sites, it was a narrow minded short term cash grab IMO
I would disagree with this. Even if event listing were for free most people on this board aren't in that demo anymore. When was the last time "The Weekend" thread appeared? The board stopped being about events and goings-ons a decade ago.

We have nothing in common with millenials. Without the rave scene of the 90's to underpin their sense of community there's no reason for them know about us.

The girl on the side of my cube is 23. She has no idea who Liz Taylor is. No idea who NWA is. Has never heard of overhead projector or acetate....and has never physically seen a cassette tape.

We should take a note from Moses Znaimer and embrace the aging lifestyle. There should be a Tribe golf tournament. Food, parking, fresh air and back on the road by 6pm to go home and feed the kids.

stew :)

stew :)

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
i relentlessly and without shame dont act my age, last night i went to Kensington to a bar where a Super Street Fighter II competition was being held and took home first place, had some drinks had some fun, home way later than i should have been on a work night.

but i did it, because it was awesome.
you cant get that shit at home.

HADOKEN
SHORYUKEN
TASTUMAKISENPUKAIAKU !!!!

acheron

TRIBE Member
Super Street Fighter II? You're definitely acting your age if you even know wtf that is.

Shit came out 20 years ago ffs

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
SNES SSFII competition on big screen projector styles at Handlabra ( Handle Bar )
if you want ill let you know the next time they do it, its a random game draw, so you dont know what the competition choice will be till you get there and sign up !

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
LOL i have been playing it since it came out ;) i think i was 13-14 hahahaha

BUT most 36 yr olds DONT play that at all anymore..... im still awesome at it ;)

*flex*

DO MOAR FUN THINGS FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD !! ITS EMPOWERING, ENLIGHTENING AND EVER SO SATISFYING !

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
forums and topics relevant to the younger generation would be a good start. But that ain't gonna happen with a bunch of old married home owners talking about mortgage payments, their kids and assorting boring stuff.
Basically we need more sex, drugs, and twerking?

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
EDM forum

Molly forum

Neon forum

More discussion about Knife Party, Steve Aoki, Porter Robinson, Zedd

Less discussion about Daft Punk, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Harvest Festival

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories