• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How do I stop my neighbor from playing the same stupid song over and over all day long?

Stop Bill C-10

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
lol. We have bros above us AND below us. They are constantly dropping and breaking stuff, playing their jock jams, and generally bro-ing the shit out of the balcony situation with their inane conversations about whatever useless topics are distracting them from living full and meaningful lives that day. Sometimes I wake up extra early when I know they've been 'raging it out' the night before, and:

1. Turn on my synth rig,
2. Turn my sound card to about 75-85% volume,
3. Pick the 'round bass' preset on my Korg, and filter out anything above 50hz,
4. Press a button, let the walls floors and ceiling vibrate, and sip my coffee, smiling.

:D

you're my hero

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
lol. We have bros above us AND below us. They are constantly dropping and breaking stuff, playing their jock jams, and generally bro-ing the shit out of the balcony situation with their inane conversations about whatever useless topics are distracting them from living full and meaningful lives that day. Sometimes I wake up extra early when I know they've been 'raging it out' the night before, and:

1. Turn on my synth rig,
2. Turn my sound card to about 75-85% volume,
3. Pick the 'round bass' preset on my Korg, and filter out anything above 50hz,
4. Press a button, let the walls floors and ceiling vibrate, and sip my coffee, smiling.

:D

this is magical

jocelyn dee

TRIBE Promoter
I gonna go out on my own here and say...just live with it.

We live in the city, close to neighbours. There's noise from every day lives of the people around us, and sometimes we hear it.

Is it the end of the world?

Just get used to that and realize that it's all a wash in the end, like sometimes we are loud, sometimes our neighbours are loud, so it kinda balances out in the end.

This passive aggressive stuff about turning up your synth rig an letting pure bass rip at your neighbours in spite seems like such a waste of time and energy.

If it is super loud in the middle of the night, regularly, then maybe there is a problem and you should try talking to them first. If that doesn't go anywhere you can call the policy for a noise complaint, report it to the condo board etc.

Once you go the passive aggressive route it can keep escalating and turn into a fued where you even forget the original cause.

Bottom line, we all share this earth together. Should some courtesy and respect to your neighbour and they will most likely do them same to you. Most people want harmony in their abode. Even if they are a douche, be the bigger person and still show respect. Kill them with compassion.

I have been DJing for 15+ years and never had an issue with my neighbours, and I play drum and BASS so I know that carries.

My current upstairs neighbour is a pro violinnist so I can hear her practice and I'm sure she can hear me. But as long as she wraps up at a reasonable time (before 11) I don't really care.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
This is why I love our apartment. So very quiet in terms of outside noise. The odd child in the hallway being a kid and havin' a ball...beyond that...little to no noise. Concrete construction FTW!

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
I'd order chinese food, and wait for cryptic advice from the fortune cookie.
or, you could sac up !