• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

How do I clean my Macbook monitor?

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been posted, but can anyone recommend anything to clean a macbook monitor with? I was told Microfibre cloths? I somehow got some drops of water on it and it's smudged. Tks!

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been posted, but can anyone recommend anything to clean a macbook monitor with? I was told Microfibre cloths? I somehow got some drops of water on it and it's smudged. Tks!
get monitor cleaner, the screen itself is glass so you could probably use windex. I use the stuff that i use to clean my TV screen.

Monster screen clean

I know it`s monster and unless it`s on sale I would suggest you consider the lesser expensive options as they are essentially the same thing

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Hi,

Typical cleaning products don't work on Macs. Only tears.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Microfibre cloth and a solution of 25% isopropyl rubbing alcohol and 75% sterile water (or just water if that's all you can muster).

cost you about $5 for a lifetime supply.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

derek

TRIBE Member
get monitor cleaner, the screen itself is glass so you could probably use windex. I use the stuff that i use to clean my TV screen.

Monster screen clean

I know it`s monster and unless it`s on sale I would suggest you consider the lesser expensive options as they are essentially the same thing
never use windex on computer / tv screen. it streaks like mad. dry dust with a micro fibre cloth. if it's really dirty use a damp cloth first.

alcohol (the rubbing kind) and lighter fluid are better opition than windex, if you really need a cleaning solution.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
never use windex on computer / tv screen. it streaks like mad. dry dust with a micro fibre cloth. if it's really dirty use a damp cloth first.

alcohol (the rubbing kind) and lighter fluid are better opition than windex, if you really need a cleaning solution.
The screen is actually made of glass so Windex will do nothing to it since it`s not plastic (which it would dull/cloud)

Another tip is to apply the fluid you use onto the cloth and not the screen

videotronic

TRIBE Member
depends on the macbook. if its one with a glass screen covering the LCD technically windex is fine (although it wouldnt be my first recommendation)

if its an older model or one where the LCD is exposed do NOT use windex on it at all. you can clean it with microfiber and your breath, buy cleaning solution spray at a computer store or use alcohol wipes to clean the scuzz off, then microfiber and your breath to buff/polish it after.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
The screen is actually made of glass so Windex will do nothing to it since it`s not plastic (which it would dull/cloud)

Another tip is to apply the fluid you use onto the cloth and not the screen
youre assuming his macbook has a glass screen, which most do not. only one "macbook" model (the last 08 alu unibody one) had a glass screen...the rest all had exposed glossy LCDs

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

derek

TRIBE Member
windex still streaks even on glass (better than plastic obviously but still inferior to other products). even if it were effective the best and cheapest method goes to oddmyth.

i don't even use that shit on windows or mirrors.