• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How come we are not allowed to delete accounts.

acheron

TRIBE Member
It's not possible to truly excise yourself from a message board anyway. Leaving aside the fact that removing all of a users posts would break the continuity of countless threads, there would still be the problem of all the replies and cross references that other users have made to them, which themselves might be able to establish the user's identity and behavior.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

octo

TRIBE Member
you don't have to remove posts. in the past other users have had their name changed to "guest" or left blank or something. the content stays but the poster's identity is no longer associated with it.

ask that triber who got charged for murder or something if he wouldn't have preferred for the media to not be able to search tribe for his posts. jakethesnake or something.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I don't think other members were allowed to delete their threads unless they were banned.

so unique 2100. If you want out, just starting being a total ass, get banned, and youll have your wish granted.

I kinda agree with you tho, you should be able to get your account wiped. I dont see the big deal about it.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Here's the thing, if unique2100 can, then anyone can. I've only known alex to delete comments that were highly offensive/trolling - banhammer worthy, or someone going absolutely nuts (then realizing their mistake), and asking alex to delete that convo. He did so in those brief instances.

There are a lot of great past threads that occasionally we might look up. If half the people in those threads choose to delete their comments they wouldn't be that great would they? There is a lot of stuff we'd all like to erase.

Welcome to the internet?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
"There are a lot of great past threads that occasionally we might look up. If half the people in those threads choose to delete their comments they wouldn't be that great would they? There is a lot of stuff we'd all like to erase."

I like how "...that we occasionally we might look up" trumps all in your view.

If so many people would want out wouldn't that tell you something? If you were the guy in control why would you lord over people things they said decades ago, because hey man you checked off that TOS box didn't you? Somehow I'm attempting to compromise Alex D's integrity?

NemIsis

TRIBE Member

Oh, shut up.

"There are a lot of great past threads that occasionally we might look up. If half the people in those threads choose to delete their comments they wouldn't be that great would they? There is a lot of stuff we'd all like to erase."

If so many people would want out wouldn't that tell you something? If you were the guy in control why would you lord over people things they said decades ago, because hey man you checked off that TOS box didn't you? Somehow I'm attempting to compromise Alex D's integrity?

I don't necessarily disagree with you, so there is no trump. You're basing one comment as my 'trump' card, while ignoring the first. I don't see 'many' people wanting out. At least no one except you has made such a demand (recently - Im sure there have been a couple of others). No one has said you are trying to compromise alex's integrity. I just think it's a nul point. If you'd wandered off and not posted anymore, no one would have cared.

And some of those old threads were pretty cool. C'mon..

greginhali

TRIBE Member

you posted in the hip hop forum today looking for a WT set. Do you want out, or do you want the set? Cant have both.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

spaboy

TRIBE Member
hackers-1995-hack-the-planet.jpg