• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How come we are not allowed to delete accounts.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I 100% agree with Otis.

"I reserve the right to delete this post in the future should we begin to internet fight at a later date"

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
So basically the TOS I agreed to says im the owner. So may I please have all my posts deleted Alex?

Ps thanks Otis.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
The ownership of the post stipulation is to absolve Tribe or it's operators for responsibility for what you "The Poster" choose to contribute.

It doesn't say anywhere that he'll allow you to alter or remove content after the fact. But yeah, the shit you posted is yours for all to see.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
Isn't this thread doing the opposite of what you want by identifying you've been trolling online and don't want your posts read? Could this not have been done in a private message forum or via email? Although I will find a few things entertaining: 1. Otis' finding of that TOS agreement was great, 2. The Watcher proving my point that BF is indeed a single-trick pony, and 3. the good discussion at hand with posting rights and what-not.

peko

TRIBE Member
Note the difference. The change happened with little notice at some point, and is there for a reason. And I would argue that for those who registered before or during the 2006 version of 'poster rights' is the operative version.

While you may not like unique2100, he has a point.

While I get that Tribe has always been slow to change, get with the times, etc, any site that relies on user-content, the lack of any opt-out is not defensible in this day and age. Bottom line.

Was the 2006 TOS Change a sticky note? How did you know about the change to do screen captures?

god I hope not!!! baby, Ive changed!

I remember when you used to complain about strollers hogging sidewalks and now you're part of the stroller pushing toddler dance squad.
tongue.gif

is it even possible to search posts before 2006 here at the moment?

yes

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
I still have nostalgia for that wacked Cosplay thread from 2005. I could never be able to pull that shit off again.

Besides that, whatevs.

True though, good debate about propriety rights re: posting etc....

kuba

TRIBE Member
doing a quick search I thought I would find some stuff he should be embarassed about or want to have deleted, but the truth is, it's all typical stuff that most others have posted. unique2100 i don't see what the big deal is, your posts aren't that bad.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Unique was a big shit stirrer about two boards back. He mellowed out considerably in that time. I can't recall much in that time that would require deletion.

That being said, he still raises a fair question.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
1. Otis' finding of that TOS agreement was great.

Actually the TOS is something else entirely and is not cached by google.

The TOS is the text you have to read through and agree to in order to set up a username on TRIBE and proceed with your registration on the site. The registration will not proceed unless it is agreed to. You will not be able to post on TRIBE unless you agree with the TOS by taking an action that indicates you agree to the TOS. If you do not agree to the TOS, you will not get a username on TRIBE and will be unable to make any posts at all.

What Otis posted is a quick policy statement posted at the bottom of our pages that was amended those many years ago to reflect the content of the existing TOS.

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
OK so the question at hand is why hold people to the board without being able to delete posts or themselves? Why not let someone out clean and free? is it due to indexing and site ranking stuff? # of current members etc? Is it about the integrity of the site somehow as Watcher said? If so why have you in the past?

octo

TRIBE Member
i checked to see if i joined tribe before the 2006 freedom cut off.

turns out i joined sept 2003!

i didn't get a 10 year anniversary gift :(

kuba

TRIBE Member
I don't think other members were allowed to delete their threads unless they were banned.

kuba

TRIBE Member
And if they had been able to maybe things changed and noe you can't. Either way since you don't own the site tribe you don't make the rules.