• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

How come we are not allowed to delete accounts.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Its just a simple request. Im not sure why its such a huge deal please if you have the ability can you grant my request?

acheron

TRIBE Member
besides some of our best (ie most embarassing) shit is well-hidden by the lack of deep searching/indexing seemingly built into the vBulletin softwares

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
What you're asking is against policy, deleting account is not the practice. Your request is frivolous and not worth Alex's time. Unless you are stuck in some legal matters, he has no reason to oblige as your request is against policy and the integrity of the board. He should only entertain your request should there be a REAL reason for doing so involving more than just your regret.

It's akin to opening a can of worms by setting a precedent.

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Watcher your teach me a lesson crap isnt about integrity. You just get off on being Tribe cool. Get over yourself.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Lol, you get over yourself, you're just giving people reason to do a search on your posting.... thus making it a big deal.

Had you just gone away, you would of faded away into the background of obscurity. Now you're making a big deal out of nothing. I'm just making that apparent. The sooner you go away the sooner it's all in your past.

I'm not Tribe cool, I'm Tribe AWESOME! :p

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
The precedent has already been set its been done multiple times before. Anyways Alex if you want to be a good guy and you can help me out id much appreciate it. Im in no way trying to compromise yours or the boards integrity. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Alex, just ban him.

It's what he wants... sortof.

Don't compromise though... leave his account there.

People should be held accountable for their stupidity... it's the only way they will learn.

I am hoping you're one of them, but I'm not holding my breath.

When's the big earthquake or aliens or solar storm you keep saying is gonna happen coming again? Late last year was it? That shit is/was solid gold comedy, brah.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I have no agenda other than to entertain Bernnie with my crazyness. It's our shtick... I post world events, he calls me a nutjob. Lather, rince, repeat.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
you could download the vbulletin software, and embark on a mission to sort this problem out yourself. it's not exactly bulletproof.

acheron

TRIBE Member
future HR person discovers Unique2100's online presence and tracks down his tribe postings, including this one.

"Naw, I'm not going to hire some insecure prat who can't deal with his own history"

peko

TRIBE Member
Unique - I forgot about you!

You cannot delete Facebook accounts either - you can deactivate it but your information is still archived on their servers. At least with Tribe you can make 200 boring, dumb or useless posts making it hard to find older posts.

I believe, if you PM AlexD and request to have private information you posted removed - he will redact your post. Same with pictures - just take them down from where ever you have them hosted, or ask AlexD to remove it from the picture thread.

If you're trying to scrub your online presence for job/career purposes - good luck.

Watcher - there are some accounts which have been banned and appear as Guest/User. Not all user names remained intact once banhammered.

derek

TRIBE Member
how the hell would anyone know about posts under an anonymus handle unless your going around tellling people you're unique2100. No prospective employer could know this, nor your family unless you tell them.

also, i don't recall many of your posts being too over the top.

if you want to disappear just stop posting; no one will no about your past unless you tell them.

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
I made a request and wanted some clarification on why its not already possible. Alex will do it or he wont. Not the end of the world. My personal belief as a business owner is to respect a customer or clients wishes in regards to their information. If someone made a similar request I certainly would grant it. Why would you want to tie someone to your business that doesnt want to be associated?

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
I made a request and wanted some clarification on why its not already possible. Alex will do it or he wont. Not the end of the world. My personal belief as a business owner is to respect a customer or clients wishes in regards to their information. If someone made a similar request I certainly would grant it. Why would you want to tie someone to your business that doesnt want to be associated?

business owner? and who do you think the customers are?

ku-medium.jpg

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
man.. I wish I didn't make that post now.. I wanted to delete what I just said.. and now I can't. Im out of tribe-practice.. and spoiled by facebook tos.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
When I registered back in the day, there was no TOS - that locks me into a set of rights over user control the same that exists now. When one was implemented, it was done without much notice -like the kind that maybe an easy admin email would contain - "hey the Tribe rights structure has changed, keep posting if you wish."

Also when I registered, there was no google caching, or other kinds of comprehensive record-gathering sites. This all came later (From what I understand from other admins, I believe the ability to allow crawlers on your site is under the control of the admin).

But this is the important part.

Here is a shot of the user rights on Tribe in 2006. (relevant parts highlighted)
WFkU4Ac.jpg

Here is a shot of the user rights today.
5VpPLS0.jpg

Note the difference. The change happened with little notice at some point, and is there for a reason. And I would argue that for those who registered before or during the 2006 version of 'poster rights' is the operative version.

While you may not like unique2100, he has a point.

While I get that Tribe has always been slow to change, get with the times, etc, any site that relies on user-content, the lack of any opt-out is not defensible in this day and age. Bottom line.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I have no agenda other than to entertain Bernnie with my crazyness. It's our shtick... I post world events, he calls me a nutjob. Lather, rince, repeat.

LOL, shall we revisit your great collective works again? If I have time later I'll bump your threads. "World events", indeed. Hahaha!